Green, red and blue blocks on monitor.

Reaction score
Yup, you saw it, green, blue and red blocks of colour appear as soon as the computer turns on.

We have tried solving it by using a range of monitors (tft and crt) but the problem still persists.

Im pretty sure is the GPU since the computer itself hasnt been modded in 3 years.

Is it the GPU, or something else?

Regards,

Michael118. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Graphics card ... shot, or a driver hiccup. :thumb:

oops :(

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, just wanted to confirm it :thumb:

Sorry i took so long, was a busy bunny :nod:

I almost certain its the card, i did update the drivers for it a few months back. It has been degrading for a few weeks.

Thanks Mucks, just wanted a reliable second opinion :)

Ps: Surprise surprise its an ATI card... :rolleyes:

Reaction score
GeForce 7950 GT, boy, thats an expensive card. I would hope its a driver issue. Is it overclocked?

Reaction score
Ohh, its not my card, its my partners pc.

oops should of made that clearer :D

She's only got like a 64 mb card so its not too big a loss :D.

Reaction score
Oh christ.

On Monday, Hannahs (its hannahs computer) parents got in a bloke to find out what was wrong.

The bloke said he thought it was a problem with the wires (PSU wires?:confused: ), and would have to take it away for further inspection.

The bloke came back with the computer fully working, and said it was a problem with the wires (again, what wires?) and the RAM i put in a while back was the main problem, along with the graphics card. so he took out my RAM and the GPU, and replaced it. But it wasn't the RAM, since the only symptoms was that monitor was displaying blocks of colour; no beeps or noises to indicate RAM problems.

Now the really bad thing is, Hannahs parents are going to put the blame squarely on me... thinking it was my RAM that screwed it all up.

Whats more, My dads friend at IBM also believes it was a GPU problem, and even had an old AGP card he could of given to hannah! :rolleyes:

So hannahs parents spent a load of money (I mean, a LOAD) unnecessarily... thinking it was my fault.

oops :(

Reaction score
Ram doesnt normally cause issues like that, however, a faulty Graphics Card does - have a few machines at work and same issue when we got a load of cards in... Oh well, life sucks!

Ask a Question