Graphics Card

Reaction score
Brand Spanking New Graphics Card :p

Now I need some help with this (if you wouldn't mind) I need to find the right card for my system (ie: one my system can keep up with and get the most out of)

Here is a list of possible cards, feel free to suggest any others:

1 - CREATIVE LABS CTL TI4200 3DBLAST (GeForce4)

2 - GUILLEMOT GLM 3DPROPHET 9000PCI

3 - GeForce3 Ti500

btw, I have a Duron 1200 Mhz Processor (and my board can take up to Athlon XP 1600, is it worth it?), 256 Mgs Ram (with another 256 on the way) and I use integrated graphics, hence the need for a graphics card :S

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldnt say upgrading to the Althlon XP is worth it worth it for the moment, unless you are looking for a cheap speed boost. It may be worth saving your money and waiting for the next jump in technology.

Any of those cards would go well in your system, it really depends on how much you want to spend. If you want to get the best performance, the CPU upgrade along with the Ti2000 would be the best bet. If you are after a cheap stop-gap, the current CPU along with the 9000PCI would do fine :)

All depends on how much you want to spend really, the fastest (yet most expensive) option of the bunch being the Ti4200 8)

Reaction score
may I butt in?

I'd really like some help looking for a 3D graphics card
there's four that I've seen:

ATI all in wonder Radeon 9700 Pro
ATI Fire GL 8800
nVidia Quadro4 750XGL
nVidia GeForce FX

- I need 128Mb.

The prices vary tremendously. I would also like to be able to have TV in &out and DVD capability.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
rggraphics ...and why not. :D
May I suggest the ATI all in wonder Radeon 9700 Pro, will do all you can throw at it, and some.

Weebl ... as the Man says, get the Ti4200. Leave the CPU for now and "slam in the Ram" ... don't forget that 512 is really the limit for Win9x/ME ... if, however, you have XP then the more the merrier. ;)

kristel

Blonde - But salvageable
Reaction score
Got to go with the majority on this one!

I'd go for the Geforce4 ti4200

I have the 4400 myself running in an 800mhz Athlon system and I haven't met a 3D game yet that it can't chew up and spit out ;)

Oh, and don't worry about Creative Labs TERRIBLE customer service either, because the nVidia reference drivers work perfectly with the card in question.

wildone

King of Modding
Reaction score
Well I have to agree to,but if you can wait about a month,I bet the ti 4200 will be a 3rd or so cheaper since the GF FX will be released,but the big jump would be in about 3 months when Nvidia releases the lower clocked GF FX cards,and the performace for probable the same roguh price maybe around double or more then the current ti 4200's.But its your call but I myself am gonna skip this generation all together and wait for the FX chips to hit the market.

wildone

Ask a Question