Graphics Card Upgrade Advice Please..

Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking to upgrade my current graphics card which is:
nVidia Geforce4 MX 440 with AGP 8x (64mb)

Motherboard is:
ASUSTEK A7N8X-X (nForce2 400 chipset)

Processor is:
AMD Athlon XP2400 (2Ghz)

Looking at either 128mb or 256mb options, reallistically a 128mb I would think. Obviously cost is a consideration, but does anybody have any suggestions for a good value for money and quality card?

Many thanks,

Ian

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
the 6600GT is probably the best card for about £100, 9800Pro is still good, it all depends how much you want to spend and what games you play ?

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
the 6600GT is probably the best card for about £100, 9800Pro is still good, it all depends how much you want to spend and what games you play ?

Cheers for that. Looking in the region of £100.00 ideally. Currently play Freelancer, Far Cry and Half Life 2, Battlefield 2 is a game I've been looking at but IIRC min spec is a 256mb card. I may be wrong on that front though ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
ukJAG said:
Just out of interest, is there a site that has a definitive list of what cards are compatible with the different motherboards?

You could start here and have a look check out your price range and post back when yu see something you like. They are so far sorted buy AGP slot only so your can have just about any of them in the link.

http://pcreview.pgpartner.co.uk/search_attrib.php/page_id=5/popup2[]=1:596

Just ask again if your unsure. :)

Reaction score
Vanilla Radio said:
You could start here and have a look check out your price range and post back when yu see something you like. They are so far sorted buy AGP slot only so your can have just about any of them in the link.

http://pcreview.pgpartner.co.uk/search_attrib.php/page_id=5/popup2[]=1:596

Just ask again if your unsure. :)
Think it could be between the 6600GT and the 9800 Pro. Both get very good reviews but the 6600 is cheaper.. Will have a hunt round on ebay to see what's occuring with these on there.

Thanks for all your help guys :thumb: :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Fair enough, but imo i'd have the 66GT.

And i wouldn't use ebay!

But thats just my opinion. :)

Reaction score
I've used eBay for years, never had any problems. Other than the commision they obvioulsy want.

Although for those rare hard to find purchaes it has its uses! I'd recommend it for buying!

Ask a Question