Graphics card temperature software

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Any software out there so i can keep an eye on the temperature of my radeon card?

I did used to use catalyst control centre but i've lost it with the new 10.11 drivers. I've even tried just downloading the catalyst control centre as a seperate item to the drivers but it wont come back! So does anyone know of any software to keep an eye on my gpu temp?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I personally use...

GPU Monitor Sidebar gadget (the others are good too, i also use System Monitor and Network Monitor)

**Off topic: There is also a BOINC Monitor for the crunchers among us, Dont know if it works with WCG mind you, Whos going to try it!?**

MSI Afterburner (dont let the name put you off ;) )

As good as Rivatuner is, Its not being developed anymore, Unwinder (the Dev) is the man behind MSI Afterburner (and EVGA Precision i think) He did say he will try and get an update of RT out one day, but the other tw oare taking all his time at the moment. :)

Also as AB said there is GPU-Z (i assume thats what he meant?)

Have a look through my sticky in this section, there is loads of good stuff in there. :thumb:

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2697599.php

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Also as AB said there is GPU-Z (i assume thats what he meant?)

Goofed again :blush:
var fctb_tool=null; function FCTB_Init_6ea31ebe596b4d45a520fdc56b862a49(t) { fctb_tool=t; start(fctb_tool); }

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I just got GPU-Z and its all good, just what i wanted, a straight forward gpu / graphics card temperature monitor. Cheers again ya'll

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
MSI Afterburner is my personal favourite, I just like the detailed monitoring it gives and fan profiles and Overclocking is a must! :D

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I doubt ya need to overclock a GTX 480, it should play anything maxed out really @ standard! I was eyeing up the 480 but there meant to be really power hungry and hot! put me right off. Has your still got the standard cooling gear on it? If so what are the temps like? I can hammer me 6870 and she rarely goes over 65c @ standard clocks.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
480 OC is quite a good clocker tbh, scales well in comparison with other cards.

Its not as bad as i thought it would be tbh, and i was one of the ones saying now it would be crazy hot! lol

Its actually settled down a bit now and got a bit cooler.

I use MSI AB for a custom fan profile and OC, it hits a max of 85C in a warm room at 80% fan, thats @ 830Mhz core speed. :)

The fan volume @load dont really bother me as i cant hear it under my headphones, lol i cant even here the GF when she trying to tell me something! :p

Cant hear it at idle.

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-4022299.php

That said, i'd not get the 480 now..... I'd get the 580! Little less noisy, cooler and very slightly faster than a stock 480.

Ask a Question