graphic to seamless texture app??

Armchair Anarchist

Hi
My mate is looking for a freeware app that can take a graphic file and
make it into a seamless texture. I'm not having much luck in finding one
at the mo (the only one I've googled so far that may do it, sTile aka
Harm's Tile 99 is no longer available ... site no longer exists).
Can anyone point me in the direction of either an alternative to this or
a link to a download of it? Thanks.

Armchair Anarchist
= may as well get comfy whilst I wait for the revolution =

Mel

Hi
My mate is looking for a freeware app that can take a graphic file and
make it into a seamless texture. I'm not having much luck in finding one
at the mo (the only one I've googled so far that may do it, sTile aka
Harm's Tile 99 is no longer available ... site no longer exists).
Can anyone point me in the direction of either an alternative to this or
a link to a download of it? Thanks.

Armchair Anarchist
http://web.archive.org/web/20031207120514/www.harmware.com/stile.htm

http://web.archive.org/web/20031207120514/http://www.harmware.com/bin/sTile.msi

Susan Bugher

Armchair said:
Hi
My mate is looking for a freeware app that can take a graphic file and
make it into a seamless texture. I'm not having much luck in finding one
at the mo (the only one I've googled so far that may do it, sTile aka
Harm's Tile 99 is no longer available ... site no longer exists).
Can anyone point me in the direction of either an alternative to this or
a link to a download of it? Thanks.

Thanks for the heads-up. I found a download here:

http://www.softoboz.com.ua/download/

http://www.softoboz.com.ua/download/HarmTile.zip

Some alternative apps are listed here:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_WEBDESIGN.php#4.02TileMaker

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://groups.google.no/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

murray

Hi
My mate is looking for a freeware app that can take a graphic file and
make it into a seamless texture.

Not sure if this is what you want but The Gimp will make seamless tiles.
With an image loaded try: filters - map - make seamless.
http://www.gimp.org/

Murray