Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Not a PC game but for the PS3.

Gran Turismo 5 would be officially launched in North America on November 2, 2010. Release dates for other regions have are yet to be announced.

Been waiting for this for ever, am a huge fan of the GT series, This ones gonna be really good, first time GT has had damage and an online mode too. :)

If you wanted a reason to get a PS3 this is it.

Please watch in 720p. ;)

http://www.gran-turismo.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Turismo_5

Gran Turismo 5
(Japanese: グランツーリスモ 5 Guran Tsūrisumo 5) (commonly abbreviated as GT5) is the fifth edition of the Gran Turismo racing simulator series. Developed by Polyphony Digital and published by Sony Computer Entertainment, it is due for release in North and Latin America on November 2, 2010 on the PlayStation 3.[3] Other regions' release dates are to be announced. It expands on the Prologue version and will be the first of the main numbered series to feature on the PlayStation 3. For the first time in the main series, an online mode will be available in the game, with 16 player capability. A damage model has been confirmed with variations of damage depending on whether the vehicle is "standard" or "premium". Night racing will make a reappearance for GT5, with every course having the option for night racing.[4] Weather effects are also confirmed to be included, although the extent of the implementation is currently unknown.[5] GT5 will be the first Gran Turismo game in the series' history to display in an optional Stereoscopic-3D resolution. The extent of the implementation is currently unknown.[6]

World Rally Championship, NASCAR, and Super GT licenses will be featured for the first time in the Gran Turismo franchise.[7][8]

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Absolutely awesome. I am also a huge GT fan. It must be my most played game I have. And when this arrives on our shores I will definately purchasing it :thumb::thumb::thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Whos getting the Signature Edition then? :D

http://www.totalvideogames.com/Gran...rismo-5-Signature-Edition-Revealed-15515.html

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Racing-Car/Gran-Turismo-5-Signature-Edition/~r350854/

GranTurismo5SE.jpg

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Monza

Showfloor & Vaious

Menu Presentation

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Moce info about B Spec mode etc...

GT Manager
So basically we get 2 games for the price of one with B SPEC acting like a "Team Manager" game. Immediately I start thinking of past F1 type games which tried to do this but on a game as beautiful as GT5's and with the attention to detail PD typically put into their games. Not certain but its just another way to get involved in the world of GT and enjoy its visuals. If its not boring this could be alright I guess.

Photomode goes 3D
Yet again PD take their photomode futher and personally I see this offering some really amazing community photos. The ability to transfer the images to PCs not just 3DTVs means many more people can enjoy them in 3D as well.
Such a cool feature.

Track Builder
Having this included but also with the claim that weather/time of day can be selected and their will be several "Landscapes / Scenes" to choose from is going to add so much more to the game. Having the ability to adjust corners and elevation along with deciding on a one-way rally type stage or a looping track, its awesome. I cant wait to see the community copy tracks from past games, Daytona Racing tracks with real Nascars anyone? No what about Virtua Racer tracks with F1 cars? No okay what about Sega Rally stages with real rally cars? Then again the optiion to copy real roads/circuits, man this is going to become a massive part of the games longterm interest.

and a new link detailing more stuff...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-19-gran-turismo-5-preview

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Bump!

Not long to go now! I've just ordered a Wheel Stand Pro for my G25 so i can sit on the sofa with it and play this game! I'm such a kid at heart!

http://www.wheelstandpro.com/

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
is only money

err, the gear shift is on the wrong side :confused:

why is he using that if he got paddles anyway

he didn't win :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah you can put the shifter on the 'Proper' side, dont worry! :D

Well he probs wanted to show off his heel and toe skills! lol

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Out tomorrow, waiting on my despatch email from Amazon... :D

Reaction score
Did you buy the wheelstand thingy ? I have been looking around the net recently and some of the stands/ chairs are very, very expensive. I think i have to modify my back room to cater just for gaming and music etc. Let us know how it goes for ya. Also, the bloke in my game shop said the sig edition will be about 170 euro. Madness.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah got my Wheel Stand Pro, that hand the G25 are ready and waiting! :D

Some have their copies already.... :(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So an update on this game from me....

Short answer, Its awesome!
bowdown.gif

Had two patches since its release and seems the dev's are keen to address any issues as quick as they can.

G25 makes this game 100% better than with a pad.

Find it very addictive and very hard to put it down, a sign of a good game. :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Couple of screens from the Photo mode, two of my Chromeline cars i got with the Collector Edition...

(Originally 1920x1080)

1z20exc.png

10ok2uq.png

Ask a Question