got a problem with cd drive...please help me

G

i have a big problem here...i'm using windows xp home edition....lately,whenever i boot my pc....the pc wont automatically detect dvd/cd-rw player...the cdrom icon is not even in my computer....for your information,the dvd rom works perfectly...please help me with this problem...i've even restore the system to before this problem occures but still,it didnt work...i just want the thing to be like normal.....thank you.....

G

My CD drive does not recognize the DVD+RW disc. I am using Ricoh software and Packard Bell disc. I have downloaded the firmware advised by Ricoh but this has not solved the problem. I am using Windows XP. Is there a solution

----- eddie wrote: ----

i have a big problem here...i'm using windows xp home edition....lately,whenever i boot my pc....the pc wont automatically detect dvd/cd-rw player...the cdrom icon is not even in my computer....for your information,the dvd rom works perfectly...please help me with this problem...i've even restore the system to before this problem occures but still,it didnt work...i just want the thing to be like normal.....thank you.....

R

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi Eddie,

See if this helps:
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

Under section 8 - Problems - there is a link to a patch that often resolves
this problem

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x
Windows isn't rocket science! That's my other hobby!

Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone

eddie said:
i have a big problem here...i'm using windows xp home
edition....lately,whenever i boot my pc....the pc wont automatically detect
dvd/cd-rw player...the cdrom icon is not even in my computer....for your
information,the dvd rom works perfectly...please help me with this
problem...i've even restore the system to before this problem occures but
still,it didnt work...i just want the thing to be like normal.....thank
you.....

Ask a Question