Google vs eBay

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
For years now, eBay has been the dominant force in the internet purchasing sector. Many have wondered what kind of supreme force will be required to shake them from the top spot to which they effortlessly cling, and it seems we may have an answer. Less than two weeks ago, many news sites reported the appearance of 'Google Purchases', a service provided by Google to rival eBay's PayPal. Now, a Google auction service has emerged to compliment this: 'Google Base', which has been termed the 'eBay Killer'.

Google Base is still in the test stage of development, but early glimpses show that users will be able to list things such as a "description of your party planning service, articles on current events from your Web site, listing of your used car for sale and database of protein structures" according to recent screenshots. More interestingly, users will be able to list such things for free.

News articles on this subject can be found at AnandTech, eWeek and C Net.

Attachments

• Google vs eBay.jpg
    Google vs eBay.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 222

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I shall be watching this with interest - maybe the competition will bring down eBay's and PayPals charges.....:)

Reaction score
I will also be watching with great interest FREE! this I must see:rolleyes:

Nice one GO>GO>Google!:thumb:

Ask a Question