Google Trends

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Ever wonder what the rest of the world has been 'Googling' for recently? If you have, you wouldn't be alone. Google have now released a tool which allows you to discover just that: Google Trends.

Just type in anything, and it will show you various statistics relating to how, when and where that term has been 'Googled'. For example, typing in 'monkey' will bring up a graph of the trend of searches for 'monkey' over time, and it will even bring up news explaining the trends. In this case, one of the points raised shows that a lot of people searched for 'monkey' when the year of the monkey came about.

Needless to say, this could be a useful tool for webmasters everywhere. Or just for the more curious folk among us!

For more information on Google Trends, see the site.

Attachments

• Google-Trends.jpg
    Google-Trends.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,226
Reaction score
Thanks Sexy Bex, some interesting stuff can be found like typing in PcReview ;):)

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just thought, if they can make graphs like that then they obviously log every IP and search query used, and then to a geographic IP lookup.

Very interesting! Didn't the US government one data very similar to this in a court case a while back? They should just use this ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I've just thought, if they can make graphs like that then they obviously log every IP and search query used, and then to a geographic IP lookup.

Very interesting! Didn't the US government one data very similar to this in a court case a while back? They should just use this ;)
Ian ... welcome to 'The Secret Service' ...
happywave.gif

laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question