Good customer support?

Reaction score
There are plenty of nightmare customer/tech support stories out there, especially for Acer and HP. I suppose by their nature, people are more likely to post or spout off when they've had a bad experience, but which companies have people had good dealings with in the U.K??

I'm looking to buy a laptop shortly, but I'm well aware they are much more likely to go wrong (compared to desktops), and so having a good level of customer support, seems a vital consideration.

Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.

Reaction score
Hello & Welcome to the forum shiki_monkey:wave:
Novatech seem OK as are Toshiba.
But it does depend on how much you are going to spend, what's your budget?

Reaction score
In my experience no one company can ever say they are the best, as with all purchases whatever it may be, a marble or a mansion; you make your choice you pay your money and take your chance. If it goes wrong there is no company that will satisfy all of its customers whomever they are.

I have bought Acer, HP, Epson, etc: and they can all deal with each problem in a different way, they either please or displease the customer.

So before purchasing talk to the company as to the service they provide be it good or bad and get the confirmation in writing beforehand, that way you have a chance if things go wrong.

Reaction score
Novatech are right up there in my books...
Had a few issues around Christmas with Novatech.
One of their Customer Services staff dealt with me directly and personally, until the issue was resolved.
She was most helpful and I told her so (and her manager!)

I've also heard LOTS of positive comments regarding John Lewis' follow up Customer Care.

At the end of the day, consumer rights should see you right... haha geddit? ;)

And...........Welcome Aboard! :wave:

Reaction score
Thanks guys. My budget is around £600 (seeing as you ask)

Yo u do get what you pay for but it's worth paying more for good support as, lets face it, laptops very often go wrong and really need an expert pair of eyes.

If you do buy through a 3rd party supplier, (like John Lewis) how does that work? Do they take responsibility for the problems? Or just act as a go between, between you and the manufacturer?

Reaction score
For what it's worth I bought a refurbished Fujitsu Amilo M1405 from Laptopshop.co.uk last year and then a second one for my son. Mine was fine but his developed a problem switching itself off if you moved it. They replaced it after a little bit of chasing but generally I was very happy with the quality of the machines and the service.

May be worth considering as a budget alternative as they're as new and guaranteed for a year.

Any reviews of Novatech desktops anywhere?

Ask a Question