Gmail Problems

Jeff Thomas

I was wondering if anyone else is have problems with gmail in vista with
IE7. Everytime I open up gmail, it get REALLY lagged up and then it starts
to work fine after about 10 to 15 seconds. Has anyone been able to fix
this?

Thanks,

Jeff

Liam Gaughan

use windows mail with gmail pop servers? always found that to be better than
the web interface :)

Rick Simmons

I've noticed this, too. I always keep my Task Manager open, so I went to
gmail.com and noticed the processor SPIKED for a few seconds. I'm talking
near 100% spike, when I typically run <1% idle. I must agree it is
interesting.

Anyone have any ideas on why we are seeing this spike?