Gmail Problem

Reaction score
I have been accessing my gmail account using outlook with no problems since i got gmail but yesturday that all changed.

I am able to send email from my gmail account using outlook with no problems but when i try and recieve emails a box comes up asking me to enter my password and i do but the box keeps on appearing. I am able to access my emails when i use my internet browser but not on outlook. I checked all the settings on outlook and on my Gmail account and nothing has changed.

The only thing i can think of doing is deleting the account on outlook and doing it again but i throught i might ask her before i do to see if anyone has anyother ideas or similar problems like this??

Thanks

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Could well be a problem with the gmail pop server - happens on odd occasions with my blueyonder email even though I can still access on the web. Give it a bit off time and it should come back up again, if not email gmail and ask if their having problems.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
As Techy says, check and make sure its set to POP3, and also remember gmail requires an encripted connection so make sure SSL is enabled in Outlook/Account/Advanced Settings with incoming POP3 port 995, and outgoing SMTP port 465.

Reaction score
Techy said:
how have you got you outlook connection to gmail setup, HTTP or POP?

It is set to POP and i have checed all the settings but i will wait to see if it starts working again.

Hopefully it will

Cheers

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It is usually a clasic sign of a POP server problem ... solution is to try again later.

:)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I last thing - have you checked the your gmail settings 'forwarding and pop' and made sure that the enable pop option is still active?

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
I last thing - have you checked the your gmail settings 'forwarding and pop' and made sure that the enable pop option is still active?

I have checked that and everything is as it should be.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Seems like you've done everything you can - lets hope its down to gmail and the pop server comes back on-line soon.

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my Pipex email account it kept on popping up in the username section you have to type in your full email address eg. (e-mail address removed) instead of paulsmith

Hope this helps let me know how it goes.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I've just got a gmail account and tested it with outlook and I can access it fine - so the pop server must be OK at the moment.

Reaction score
I dont know if you would know or not---but i saw you ask a question about gmail and figured i would give it a shot. How to you set up gmail as a secondary mail server in outlook when you hav4e aol as your first and primary. I did everything with the incoming pop server and followed all the basic instructions to set up outlook. I ran the test after configuratio and everything passed and read as good to go. But i dont have any mail in my inbox when i go to check it in outlook. But i know i have mail b/c i still have the gmail notifier. please help---i want to be able to look at my aol mial and gmail mail on the same computer through outlook.

mvs

Reaction score
POP problems in GMAIL

When I send a message from my outlook express, and CC it to the gmail account, GMAIL, the message apears on my GMAIL account on the Web, but GMAIL does not allow OE to get it from there using POP3. Does anybody have a solution to this problem?

Best regards,

MVS

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
You already have a thread on this, specific to your problem - there is no need to double post.;)
mvs said:
When I send a message from my outlook express, and CC it to the gmail account, GMAIL, the message apears on my GMAIL account on the Web, but GMAIL does not allow OE to get it from there using POP3. Does anybody have a solution to this problem?

Best regards,

MVS

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
mvs said:

Best regards,

MVS
Please ... it is bad manners to "highjack" someone else thread ... keep to one.

Ask a Question