Gmail horrors

Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry if this has been covered but I could not find any help on this....
For a short while I opened a gmail account as a 2nd acct but decided to close it down after a few weeks as it was not really necessary.
Now, if ANYBODY emails me on my regular account (e-mail address removed) they will get an undeliverable msg back stating:
"This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: <[email protected]>
Reason: 5.7.1 No such user 11si491628wrl"

Originally I thought this was only happeneing to those people who had both my email addresses at some point, but now I received an email from someone who has never emailed me before and he too goets this message - try it!! If I email myself I too get my original msg plus the error msg.

How the heck do I stop this and where does this problem actually lie?!!
There is nothing on my PC (as far as I can tell, incl. the registry) to cause this.

Note that I am recieving the ntlworld mail that is sent, but the error msg for the gmail acct goes back to the orginator. This has been playing havoc with my forums & newgroups.....!

thanks!

dave

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think the only way to sort this is to contact GMail directly, as it sounds like you account wasn't created properly. A message like that isn't anything to do with your PC, only googles servers.

Ask a Question