GMail Drive

Blue Dragonfly

This looks iteresting.

GMail Drive is a Shell Namespace Extension that creates a virtual
filesystem around your Google GMail account, allowing you to use GMail
as a storage medium. GMail Drive creates a virtual filesystem on top of
your Google GMail account and enables you to save and retrieve files
stored on your GMail account directly from inside Windows Explorer.
GMail Drive literally adds a new drive to your computer under the My
Computer folder, where you can create new folders, copy and drag'n'drop
files to.

http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm

FYIS.org/estore

In Blue Dragonfly posted:
This looks iteresting.

GMail Drive is a Shell Namespace Extension that creates a virtual
filesystem around your Google GMail account, allowing you to use GMail
as a storage medium. GMail Drive creates a virtual filesystem on top
of your Google GMail account and enables you to save and retrieve
files stored on your GMail account directly from inside Windows
Explorer. GMail Drive literally adds a new drive to your computer
under the My Computer folder, where you can create new folders, copy
and drag'n'drop files to.

http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm

Download link (server) not accessible.

DanlK, FYI Services
www.FYIS.org
Visit our re-opened eBay store @ http://tinyurl.com/35wgv !

FYIS.org/estore

interesting, but apparently not working well. I get a message:

"Sorry, for security reasons, GMail does not allow you to send this type of
attachment."

when dragging and dropping a .zip file (not a password protected zip file).

However, simple .txt files work ok...

3

|3iff //ullins

This looks iteresting.

GMail Drive is a Shell Namespace Extension that creates a virtual
filesystem around your Google GMail account, allowing you to use GMail
as a storage medium. GMail Drive creates a virtual filesystem on top of
your Google GMail account and enables you to save and retrieve files
stored on your GMail account directly from inside Windows Explorer.
GMail Drive literally adds a new drive to your computer under the My
Computer folder, where you can create new folders, copy and drag'n'drop
files to.

http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm
since that link seems to be invalid i have found this file via google
and posted it to alt.binaries.freeware

3

|3iff //ullins

interesting, but apparently not working well. I get a message:

"Sorry, for security reasons, GMail does not allow you to send this type of
attachment."

when dragging and dropping a .zip file (not a password protected zip file).
strange. i just dragged and dropped a zip with no problem at all. i
then downloaded it back to my local machine just fine too...

a 225kb executable (exe) worked for me also...

however i did notice a 'connection reset' error whilest trying to
drag/drop a 500kb jpeg. i tried again and it worked just fine.

Miles

interesting, but apparently not working well. I get a message:

"Sorry, for security reasons, GMail does not allow you to send this type of
attachment."

when dragging and dropping a .zip file (not a password protected zip file).
I have today read this message while try to seend zip file as attach by
gmail... i have converted it in rar...

3

|3iff //ullins

interesting, but apparently not working well. I get a message:

"Sorry, for security reasons, GMail does not allow you to send this type of
attachment."

when dragging and dropping a .zip file (not a password protected zip file).
hey, i just tried sending the gmailfs.zip file to someone else via
gmail and got the error you're talking about. i changed the extention
to .txt and it sent just fine. i guess this may have been what you
were talking about. however, the program itself *does work fine once
installed...

Mark Warner

|3iff //ullins said:
strange. i just dragged and dropped a zip with no problem at all. i
then downloaded it back to my local machine just fine too...

a 225kb executable (exe) worked for me also...

No trouble with *.exe's here, but *.zip's are blocked.

Pretty silly to block the one and not the other, IMO.

Nevertheless, it's a slick program. I hooked up with Gmail with the
intention of using it as an online/offsite archive for the downloaded
freeware program files I've accumulated over the years. This will make
it much, much easier.

Chaos Master

Blue Dragonfly escreveu:
This looks iteresting.

It's very cool. Would be even better if I could save files directly to it.

[]s
--
Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil.
"People told me I can't dress like a fairy.

The Evanescen(t/ce) HP: http://marreka.no-ip.com