Giga Pocket does not work

can anyone help me with my Giga Pocket? I made clean install of XP Pro.
Since then I can not install Gigapocket. Error messages are following
c:\windows\system32\sgppq.tqi is not exist and C:\windows\system32\sgppq.mdi
is not exist.
Sony answers that I have to make full recovery using recovery CDs. But I can
not use their Windows version (it is German and Home edition), and I want to
have XP Pro English. Is it possible to make in-place upgrade (after recovery
to their German XP home) to XP Pro English keeping original SONY settings
including drivers etc.? Will it then solve the problem with Giga Pocket?
Thank you in advance

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi,

You need to contact support for Giga Pocket with this issue, reinstalling
Windows isn't going to fix it.
Is it possible to make in-place upgrade (after recovery to their German XP
home) to XP Pro English keeping original SONY settings including drivers
etc.?

No, you can't upgrade to different language versions. Therefore, no you
can't keep the original SONY drivers from the German Home installation.

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Hi, Rick,
thank you very much for your post. You answered all my questions, but
unfortunately it did not solve my problem. Giga pocket support says that I
have to make recovery to original state. So, no chance for XP Pro Endlish???
Any idea what I can do?

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi,

No real answers. Your original post states that the files needed do not
exist. The only way to recover them is by reinstalling the original
software, or expanding them individually if it is supported. You might try
the recovery to original state and then save the files for later copying to
the Pro installation, but there may be needed registry information missing
as well so that might be fruitless.

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

bsharke

"Foxlet" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
Hi, Rick,
thank you very much for your post. You answered all my questions, but
unfortunately it did not solve my problem. Giga pocket support says
that I
have to make recovery to original state. So, no chance for XP Pro
Endlish???
Any idea what I can do?
-

Hi....had the same problem went around and around for hours with Sony
Chat Support. Terrible help. Finally read the book again an in small
print it says while using your Application Recovery Disk #1 place it in
the top optical drive G Drive and not the CD drive F and itworked takes
you right to your applications look up Giga Pocket doubleclick it and in
about a minute or less it is reinstalled. Hope this helps.

Hi, bsharke,

thanks for your post. It gave me some hope for success.

You write that you used Application Recovery Disc #1. In my manual it is
stated that the application CD is the last in the pack, meaning #4. Do you
think it makes a difference?

Did you have original SONY drivers before reinstalling GigaPocket?