Ghost Image CD

Clayton

Been googling to find out how to create a boot CD of ghost so I can image
over drives but to technical for me, I have been using the floppy version
which I can easily make with Ghost 2003 but no CD option.

Can someone here point me to a download of a ghost image for CD please

cheers

Anna

Clayton said:
Been googling to find out how to create a boot CD of ghost so I can image
over drives but to technical for me, I have been using the floppy version
which I can easily make with Ghost 2003 but no CD option.

Can someone here point me to a download of a ghost image for CD please

cheers

Clayton:
Assuming you have any of the popular CD/DVD burning programs, e.g., Nero or
Roxio, you can use your Ghost 2003 bootable floppy disk as the basis for
creating a Ghost bootable CD. Here, for example, would be instructions for
doing so with Roxio's Easy Media Creator 7. (The basic method would be
roughly similar with other CD-burning programs as well)...

Creating Ghost 2003 bootable CD in Easy Media Creator 7

1.. Open Creator Classic
2.. In Advanced Projects section (left column), click on Bootable Disk
3.. In Choose Type of Bootable Disc dialog box, select Use Existing Image
File and click OK
4.. Insert Ghost bootable floppy disk and add all the files on that disk
to the project
5.. With blank CD-R in burner, click on Burn icon.
6.. Burn
There might be some ISO image available on the net that could also
accomplish the task but I've never come across one.
Anna

Anna

I really don't know. All I can tell you is that we've created dozens, if not
scores, of Ghost 2003 bootable CDs using the instructions I previously
furnished you. As I indicated, we were using their Easy Media Creator 7
version to create these CDs. I don't know if the process has changed with
later versions of the Roxio program.
Anna

Clayton

I have finally created a bootable CD using Symantec Ghost Solution Suite
v2.0, but now I don't have mouse support

Jim Dell

Clayton said:
Tried what you suggested but Roxio says "Error accessing a file.
(A:\BOOTIMG.BIN)"
Clayton,
Make sure the floppy is still bootable and you have mouse support.

If no mouse, add the mouse driver program and modify your autoexec.bat
on the floppy.

In Easy CD Creator use the create image from Floppy NOT the existing
image one.

I played with my boot floppy for several days last year for Windows ME
and added USB support, so I could use my external hard drive to restore
from DOS.

Jim

Anna

Clayton:
Good, but do you need mouse support? All of the functions of the program can
be invoked through the keyboard - at least with respect to Ghost's 2003 disk
cloning process - and I'm pretty sure the same is true with respect to
Ghost's disk imaging commands. (It's been a long time since we used the
Ghost 2003 program for disk imaging - we ran into too many issues and
eventually opted to use the program exclusively for its disk-cloning
capability which by & large it performed admirably in an XP environment
where we primarily used the Ghost 2003 bootable floppy disk to undertake the
disk-cloning operation and occasionally the bootable CD.)
Anna

Clayton

I have created a bootable floppy in Ghost 2003 but when I select create
image from floppy in Easy CD Creator it says
An error was encountered creating the boot image from drive A: The floppy
could not be read. Please make sure a bootable floppy is in the drive.

Poprivet

Clayton said:
Been googling to find out how to create a boot CD of ghost so I can
image over drives but to technical for me, I have been using the
floppy version which I can easily make with Ghost 2003 but no CD
option.
Can someone here point me to a download of a ghost image for CD please

cheers

Have you checked at Symantec support? The info is there and easy to follow.

Pop`

Jim Dell

Clayton said:
I have created a bootable floppy in Ghost 2003 but when I select create
image from floppy in Easy CD Creator it says
An error was encountered creating the boot image from drive A: The floppy
could not be read. Please make sure a bootable floppy is in the drive.
Does the floppy boot the system?

Jim

AJR

I am confused - having used Ghost 2003 in the past (now an Acronis fan) -the
functionof th "floppy" created by Ghost was to boot the computer in order to
access the backup image on the internal, or external, HD to restor.
"...but when I select create image from floppy in Easy CD Creator it
says...." - have no idea what you are trying to do here!

..net> wrote in message

Poprivet

Hmm, it's there, I know because I have documents I created from it. It's
probably in the specific support area for Ghost I just realized d'uh!.
Unfortunately I have a much later version of Ghost, but it it includes 2003
instructions, which I didn't realize you had.
The document is 141k or I'd just post it here. If you want to provide an
address, I'll e-mail it to you from one of my own throwaway accounts; the
instructions should work as long as you have your 2003 .iso.

I have to assume that you DO have the .iso image that came with Ghost,
right? Without it, you cannot create the CD-bootable version. Basically
the process is to simply take that .iso image and burn it to the CD; it
includes the boot files. My 2006 .iso is 124 Meg, BTW.

Try Support and looking for Ghost 2003.

HTH
Pop`

Jim Dell

AJR said:
I am confused - having used Ghost 2003 in the past (now an Acronis fan) -the
functionof th "floppy" created by Ghost was to boot the computer in order to
access the backup image on the internal, or external, HD to restor.
"...but when I select create image from floppy in Easy CD Creator it
says...." - have no idea what you are trying to do here!
AJR,
Clayton is trying to create a bootable CD with his Ghost image on it so
he only has to have the CD and nothing else to restore his system in the
future.

Jim