getting movie maker to save in a VCD format

Omar

I would like to know how to save my movies in windows
movie maker in a format which will enable me to view them
on my DVD player. I was thinking maby VCD. Someone please
reply urgantly.

J. Daniel Smith

See http://papajohn.org for discussion and details.

Note that if your "movie" consists entirely of photos, you might also want
to look at the new version of Microsoft's Plus! Digital Media Edition which
now supports creating a VCD.

Dan

J. Daniel Smith

Not entirely true: there are commerical VCDs available (mostly in asia) that
are mass-produced (like music CDs) and thus not on a CD-R disk. And a DVD
player could read CD-R media (for mini-DVDs, MP3/WMA playback, etc.) w/o
necessarily supporting the VCD format.

However, as a practial matter, almost all recent (say 2002 and later) DVD
players will read CD-Rs (and CD-RWs) and support VCDs.

But none of this really applies to WMM, since the CDs it creates
(HighMAT/video) can not be played in any currently available stand-alone DVD
player. If you want to view your WMM movies on a stand-alone DVD player,
you'll need third-party tools; see http://papajohn.org for details.

Dan

Debra Aussie Chick

From: "J. Daniel Smith" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: VCD Menu Effects
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:14:14 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker

This newsgroup is for Windows MovieMaker, which doesn't create VCDs (or DVDs
for that matter).

Dan