Getting Error while forwarding Meeting Request

Manivannan

I am getting below error "The Property does not exist. The field you want to
modify is not valid for this type of item" while i am choosing the option
'FORWARD" from my Meetin request to another person. I am not able to send the
meeting request.

Quilter97008

Chances are that the person has disable the forward feature on the meeting
request, to prevent you from forwarding it to people not on the original
invite list. Contact the organizer of the meeting to determine if that is
what was done.

Adam Hill

I just resolved this issue. It was due to hidden attachments in the meeting request that is not viewable by looking at the request. To view and delete these attachments follow the below steps.

1- Download MFCMapi.exe from http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com/
2- Un-zip the file and click on the mfcmapi.exe
3- Click Session
4- Select Logon and Display Store Table
5- Select the mailbox
6- Expand Root
7- Select IPM_SUBTREE
8- Select Calendar
9- Click on the Subject header to sort by subject
10- Locate the meeting request
11- Verify that Att? header = True
12- Double click on the meeting, which will open the meeting request, and verify the attachments it has if any
13- Close the meeting request
14- Right click on the meeting and select Display Attachment Table
15- Delete the attachments from the list except for the attachments you noticed in the meeting request
16- Restart Outlook

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

We're seeing it with the new feature in Outlook 2010 where the message size
is checked. It happens when users edit meeting requests and add/remove
attachments, especially for long term recurrences with lots of exceptions.

We have a macro listed here that can remove the attachments:
http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/attach_exceeds_limit.asp

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com
"Phil S" wrote in message

I *think* this worked for me. How the heck can users know that the error
is due to some invisible attachment? And how did this happen in the first
place?!?

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/training-topic-area/SQL-Server-DBA/6/SQL-Server-DBA.aspx