Getting and changing file Summary information

I am trying to find a way to get and change file summary information. I
tried using FileInfo class, but it doesn't give me information such as
"Author,Title,Rating" etc. Is there a way to get and change these information
using .NET libraries?

Sample would be a great help...

Thanks
Hiten

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Hiten,

It calls "Structured Storage" -IPropertySetStorage interface with StgCreateStorageEx/StgOpenStorageEx
methods.
It's WinAPI methods, and you need to use interop for this - see www.pinvoke.net

Besides, see there http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;224351

H> I am trying to find a way to get and change file summary information.
H> I tried using FileInfo class, but it doesn't give me information such
H> as "Author,Title,Rating" etc. Is there a way to get and change these
H> information using .NET libraries?
H>
H> Sample would be a great help...

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks Michael,

I tried the URL u provided about DsoFile from microsoft, the only thing
is... I am getting Access Denied error when i tries to change a property of
..mp3 file, however, it works on microsoft documents such as excel, visio
document etc. Do you think the DsoFile library is for microsoft documents
only?

thanks,
Hiten

Michael Nemtsev