General Election

Reaction score
Did you see the piece of footage the other day where tony bliar went into a school and all the kids just went "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

It was the funniest thing i have ever seen

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Question Time on wed night was very interesting - all 3 candidates battling out in front of a crowd. Would have been much better to see all three together.

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Question Time on wed night was very interesting - all 3 candidates battling out in front of a crowd. Would have been much better to see all three together.

yer i agree great thing!

but tony blair bottled it for some reason
he refused to sit there with all 3 he wanted to do it seperately!

which makes one wonder!

Reaction score
psd99 said:
did anyone see question time on bbc1 on hursday nite?

oh my word
i thgt it was SUPER!!!!!!!

did u see the bloke that was having a dig at Micheal Howard?

he went crazy never seen nething like that live on the telly be4!

There were more plants in that audience than there are in my back garden! That man was confused and obviously had not bothered to read the Conservative manifesto.

Reaction score
PETE5555 said:
There were more plants in that audience than there are in my back garden! That man was confused and obviously had not bothered to read the Conservative manifesto.

although ive always been upset at the way the bbc make lots of money and are stingy

thats wat i pay my licence for. for great tv like that!!!!!!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I have to admit, the LibDems have my vote this time. I feel very sorry for Tony Blair - he's had a rough time of things recently, but having watched my parents suffer from the extreme stress and worry of running a private nursing home under Labour rule has really turned me off them. The place I come from (Dorset) is very much a Conservative area (Oliver Letwin), but I couldn't vote for them after Michael Howards performance during this election. I like some of the Conservative ideas, but I couldn't vote for anyone who leads a campaign by slating everyone else - it's childish, and I wouldn't want someone like that running this country!
To be honest, I think Labour will win, but I'd be glad to see the Tories and LibDems swap places - and I hope Gordon Brown takes the lead eventually (but being an economist, I'm bound to say that! ;))

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
PETE5555 said:

This is not a political rant, it's a friendly discussion :)

Living in a democracy, we are all entitled to our opinion, but it is not our place to tell other people that they are wrong ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's an odd thing that during the run up to us invading Iraq, there wasn't much of a protest from the Tories. Generally, they gave the issue their guarded support.

But now we approaching election time it seems Tony Blair committed the biggest crime ever.

Hyprocites, all of them, it would seem.

I may fly against popular opinion here but I thought invading Iraq/toppling Saddam/attempting to install a democracy was/is a good thing. Sometimes injustice cannot be ignored.

As I said before, to me there is no Labour Party, it died just after Thatcher came to power.

The Tories are full of hate and spite and have little positivism and only the Lib Dems are making any sense to me.

Which is odd, because they're the only party who oppose the whole Iraq thing and if they gain power they've said they will bring our troops home before the year is out.

I think that's wrong, once a thing is started, it should be finished.

Strange to think that originally it was the Labour party who gave the ordinary 'working class' kid a chance to gain a University Degree for free when only the elite had access to that and now they're making them all pay for it.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
It's an odd thing that during the run up to us invading Iraq, there wasn't much of a protest from the Tories. Generally, they gave the issue their guarded support.

But now we approaching election time it seems Tony Blair committed the biggest crime ever.

Hyprocites, all of them, it would seem.

On Question Time the other night Michael Howard openly admitted that he would have gone to war against Iraq even if he knew for sure that there were no WMD! In my opinion he seems to be taking the 'Blair lies, but I'll tell the truth - even if you don't agree' tactic a little far... He has certainly made himself very unpopular by doing so!

Reaction score
I don’t want to cause a argument, but the Conservatives still support the war in principle. The accused Tony Blair of lying over the Attorney Generals advice, and with the leak of it the other day they were proved right - it did change. They also accused him of lying over top up fees, because in the last two manifestos he said he wouldn’t bring them in and then he did. So i doubt there has been a lot of opportunism there. However you cant criticise the man for telling it how it is, we always moan politicians never tell the truth, but when one actually comes out with evidence about it, we bite their heads off!

I always supported the war, Saddam was an evil man, and we needed rid of him. But without proof of WMDs the AG said the war would be illegal. The thought now that the MPs that represent me were not told the truth about the AG advice, and taht the evidence was wrong has shaken my trust and respect for Tony Blair.

Sexy Bex said:
but I couldn't vote for them after Michael Howards performance during this election. I like some of the Conservative ideas, but I couldn't vote for anyone who leads a campaign by slating everyone else - it's childish

I don’t understand? MH hasn’t slated other peoples campaigns as far as i have seen and i have been watching this like a hawk. I know your entitled to your opinion but i was just curious. If anyone has slated a campaign it been Dr John Bully Boy Ried! What about those pesonal attacks, the anti-semetic posters and those lies over hospital charges. Thats what makes my blood boil.

Last edited:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
PETE5555 said:
I don’t understand? MH hasn’t slated other peoples campaigns as far as i have seen and i have been watching this like a hawk. I know your entitled to your opinion but i was just curious.

Fair enough :)

I was refering to the Tory billboards that are everywhere at the moment with pictures of Tony Blair laughing and the writing; "Would you want 5 more years of this man?! Are you thinking what we're thinking?" In my opinion, that's a bit negative

Reaction score
Maybe, but so are flying pigs from Labour, and dodgy cars salesmen from the lib dems lol
But you have to look behind the posters, they are there to get you talking, and look at the policies. That’s what i have done. One thing you can say about the conservatives/Lib Dems is that they haven’t lied about their opponents policies.

And who says funny posters don’t brighten up an election! lol

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Ha ha! That's true! :D

I really like the ads by the BBC for the election - the one with 'Hungry Hippos' (NHS, Pensions, etc) fighting over taxes... that one made me chuckle ;)

Reaction score
On those BBC ads, what is the stuff pouring out of the hospital as they cut into it? It looks like a landslide of dirt!

So i dont suppose im going to convince you about the conservatives am i!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yep! Lived in Dorchester most of my life (Conservative strong-hold for the past 100 years), but now I'm in Manchester (last election, Labour won with 68% of the vote!)... Couldn't really get more different!

What does everyone else have to say about the elections? :)

Reaction score
Well i was just watching the News and they were talking about this doctor appointment target thing that’s been in the Headline over the last couple of days, and in a press conference John Reid, when questioned, turned around and said it wasn’t his fault, it the doctors that don’t understand the system! - is it not his job to make sure they understand what’s going on, rather than just blaming the doctors?

Reaction score
Lib Dems for me, looked at all the other parties and Lib Dem seem to reflect my views the best, however I still don't think I'll be voting with passion.

Please God, don't let it be Labour or the Tories that get in though.

Ask a Question