GeForce 3 Ti500 twin monitor setup

ChrisJ

I've just bought a new monitor so that I have more desktop space for
photo editing etc. My original monitor is a CTX PR710T and my new one
an LG L1715S. Neither have DVI connectors so I bought a converter too.
My PC has XP Pro SP2 on it and was working fine with the CTX screen.
I added the LG on the DVI connector and after dropping the refresh rate
to 75Hz got a picture on both displays.

BUT its the same picture on both. I've gone to display
properties|settings | advanced but only one monitor (the LG) shows up so
I can't choose how the monitors are set out. I've tried rebooting and
swapping the monitors to the other connector but still get no second
monitor in Windows. I've installed the latest Nvidia drivers and
strangley the Nvidia software shows a single monitor but its the CTX
one! Display properties still shows only the LG monitor. I've tried
"adding hardware" through control panel but there is no option for
another display, only for display adaptors.

IMO I need to get windows to recognise there are two monitors.

Any ideas what I should try next?

Thanks

ChrisJ

ChrisJ

RobertJM said:
Think you need nView manager enabled if it isn't already in the nVidia
settings.
I think it is. I went through and checked all the boxes I could ;0) to
try and get it to do something! I'll get back later to confirm. I just
think its strange that both monitors don't show up in the display |
propterties | Settings |Advanced | monitor tab where multiple display s
normally show up on my laptops and desktop PC at work (although this has
2 graphics casds rather than one twin head one)

Thanks

ChrisJ

ChrisJ

ChrisJ said:
I think it is. I went through and checked all the boxes I could ;0) to
try and get it to do something! I'll get back later to confirm. I just
think its strange that both monitors don't show up in the display |
propterties | Settings |Advanced | monitor tab where multiple display s
normally show up on my laptops and desktop PC at work (although this has
2 graphics casds rather than one twin head one)

Thanks

ChrisJ
I've removed the monitors from device manager, restarted the PC and
added first the LG monitor (which detected and installed drivers from
the CD) and then I connected the CTX monitor but it didn't say "new
hardware detected" and still only displays one monitor in display
|properties |settings |advanced |monitor. I've uninstalled teh nvidia
driver and software, rebooted and reinstalled and still no luck. I'm
happy to hack the registry if there is someoner who can tell me what to
do and where.

Thanks

ChrisJ

RobertJM

"ChrisJ" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
I've removed the monitors from device manager, restarted the PC and added
first the LG monitor (which detected and installed drivers from the CD)
and then I connected the CTX monitor but it didn't say "new hardware
detected" and still only displays one monitor in display |properties
|settings |advanced |monitor. I've uninstalled teh nvidia driver and
software, rebooted and reinstalled and still no luck. I'm happy to hack
the registry if there is someoner who can tell me what to do and where.

Thanks

ChrisJ
I'm no expert, but I dont know if windows would detect 2 monitors, i've
never used 2 monitors but a while back i did an output to the TV and i'm
sure all the settings/adustments i had to use were in the nview destop
manager under nvidia settings.