Gamer members

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Have you actually tried it?

I'm always wary of stuff like that, several friends have totally messed up their OS by installing similar stuff.

Anyhow, for me personally the 2 machines I game on play all the games I have perfectly and one of those is running Vista Home Premium with everything turned on.

I do feel uncomfortable with software that makes changes I can't monitor.

Reaction score
Yeah i have tried it. I'm not sure if gameplay was any faster but it allows you to turn off other unneeded stuff to facilitate more power for the game system. It gives you a list of stuff to uncheck, a bit like game mode on the latest firewalls.....like i said i didnt think gaming was much faster but then i didnt play for very long. Also i think that Iobit are fairly decent cos ive used other apps of theirs and never had any probs apart from an occasional hang.
You can always delete too if you dont like it. Thats what i do.
Zzzzz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, good, thanks for replying :)

The best test of any software is user feedback :thumb:

But I still think I'll pass on it.

Best solution for good gaming is turbo-charged hardware :D

A tad expensive I'll grant you, but usually more effective ;)

Reaction score
As i'm only relatively new to PCR and can't offer much in the way of pc help i throw in the odd freebie i spot on my travels..... i wouldnt post a thread for a freebie if i didnt try it myself.....

;) Zzzzz

Reaction score
Cheers for sharing, but like Flopps I will pass thanks.

I don't like programs that tweak the system without me knowing about it, or being able to control it.

And as for being relatively new, I'm still newish - but all posts are greatly appreciated :thumb:

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hmmm, personally i'd rather disable stuff myself them re enable it if i want too.

I guess if you keep your system clean and running smooth then there is no need for software like this. :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
ive tried out a few game 'enhancers' and honestly - im better off tweaking the game itself :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Alf said:
ive tried out a few game 'enhancers' and honestly - im better off tweaking the game itself :)

To be fair Alf, the software linked to here doesn't tweak the game but rather seems to disable some OS processes thus freeing up more CPU cycles for the game to use.

That's the theory anyway :)

Ask a Question