GAME poll: Top 100 Games ever

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
100,000 votes produced the poll results which are a little surprising to me.

I took part in this poll. See the results Here

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
COD4 and GTA4 at no's 1 & 4 respectively.... I guess it's because these are the latest games and some people haven't played (or remember) some of the oldies :)

Glad to see Half Life 2 doing well though :)

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
I agree, where's Lemmings? Personally i thought Gears of War was robbery, £50 and me and my bro finish it in 5 hours!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I actually voted for, amongst others:

Quake
Return To Castle Wolfenstein
Half Life One

None of which made the list but were all gaming benchmarks, imo.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Lego Star Wars? Mario & Sonic? Mario Kart on the Wii???????

Hardly the greatest games of all time when they've been out six months.

Oh well, am in a bit of a mood anyway today as my PSU didn't arrive, but still Mario & Sonic?

Reaction score
What no place for ToCA2 or even the legend that is Theme Hospital.
Did you now that NHS Managers practice running hospitals by playing Theme Hospital, Honest!;)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Unfortunately when you have probably three quarters of those voters under the age of 16 your gonna get pretty rubbish results..

COD4 the best game of all time I don't think so...:lol:

Quake is up there with Half life fo sho...Doom should be there aswell as one of the turning points for video gaming with first person genre perspective..

Its the games that keep you coming back time and time again that are the best games of all-time not whats hot poop at the moment and only been out 3 months or so..You can bet at least 90% of those voters have never heard of half those games on those lists..

Thats why I don't bother voting in polls like this..If a poll is to be taken seriously Voters should have at least a 20 year background in gaming, harsh but the results would be far more believable and anyone with any gaming knowledge would know this..

Ask a Question