GA-MA770-UD3 cpu support

Reaction score
Planning on buying the Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 motherboard, with Phenom II X6 1090T and an ATi HD5770. As i read on Gigabytes web site i see that there are different rev.s to the boards and its not clearly specified if the rev. 1 will support it with a BIOs update. But the rev.2 seems able too. Does it matter which rev. board i get? or are they all the same?

Any advice will be really appreciate!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I suspect that you'll get a more recent version anyway, as this is quite a popular motherboard.

The Gigabyte specs page shows that you should be able to run the Phenom II X6 on any revision of the board:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3302#ov

You can choose any revision from the top menu of that page and then click "CPU Support" - all of them mention the 1090T specifically :).

There will be physical differences between the revisions, so you'll need to check you use the correct BIOS update when flashing, but that's not a problem - all of them will support your CPU.

Reaction score
Ok thanks thats great, i was going to go with the Phenom II X4 Black if it was not supported, But now i can get the x6 for the long run, since the price is not all that different. Now i just need to wait till game programmers make use of more cores.
Thanks again

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help, i went with the Ga-ma770-ud3, with a PhenomII x4 965 and an ATI HD 5850

Ask a Question