CPU Upgrade

Reaction score
Hi there, I’m looking to upgrading my pc's processor a bit. I have been looking at the AMD phenom II 1090T x6 Black and with that I will need to look at a supporting motherboard. So I have been wondering what people think about the ASUS M4A79XTD EVO. I think it’s compatible with a BIOs update. I have also looked into ether one 4GB DDR3 ram or two 2GB DDR3. Any advice?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2010/04/27/amd-phenom-ii-x6-1090t-black-edition/10

I'd read this before buying if I were you. From what I have read around the net the CPU looks like a good buy if you are going to use it in a mobo you already own, but mot such a good buy if you are buying it and a mobo.
Depends on what you are using your pc for of course.

user.gif

Reaction score
OK, so it seems ill be better off with the phenom II x4 Black and spend the extra money I would have used on other parts? Or do you think I should rather change to an Intel? I’m intending to use the pc for gaming. And not sure how to go about what to buy.

Ask a Question