Funky Fonts Everywhere!

WGSGNUAYHTTE

When I booted Vista Home Premium yesterday, font settings had changed
all over the place - in operating system windows, and in various
applications.

When I go to the options or settings, it still says, for example,
Arial 12. But in the preview, it shows something different. If I
change it to, say, times new roman 14, it changes to times new roman
14. I've changed the fonts back in six or eight places so far, and
I'm still not done.

I scanned the system with Eset Nod32 anti virus, and it found no
problems.

Any ideas about what caused this?

Andrew Murray

Changes to fonts are independent in applications and operating systems.

In the OS, for example I believe it would be through Display Properties; for
applications, you usually change fonts through the Format menu or tool bar.
IN some applications you can set a default font usually through Tools or
Options (but I assume this is all the kind of stuff you've attempted and not
getting anywhere with.

What preview are you talking about when you say "in the preview" ?? Can you
please be more specific - what changes in "6 or 8 places" do you mean.

What applications are you using that the font changes you are trying to make
are not saving their settings?

Note that Internet browsers these days have the ability to change the
text/font size.

As for settings not saving, are you clicking Apply/OK in the dialogues that
have those types of buttons?

ArseClown

(e-mail address removed) wrote in message
com:
When I booted Vista Home Premium yesterday, font settings had
changed all over the place - in operating system windows, and in
various applications.

Get used to it....Happens to me all the time. I rarely reboot the
****ing thing now for fear of the fonts changing to some ****ing
ridiculous, unreadable setting.
When I go to the options or settings, it still says, for
example, Arial 12. But in the preview, it shows something
different.
Yep.

If I change it to, say, times new roman 14, it
changes to times new roman 14. I've changed the fonts back in
six or eight places so far, and I'm still not done.
Yep.

I scanned the system with Eset Nod32 anti virus, and it found no
problems.

Any ideas about what caused this?

Poor programming.