Frontpage designed website: problems with Netscape

G

I’m having a problem with my website working in Netscape using FrontPage to design. I want my website to be as cross-platform friendly as possible. First, in Netscape 6.2, the fonts are smaller. Is there html code to fix this

Also, my website doesn’t want to work in some Netscape versions, possibly 4.X versions. How can I make it work

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Every browser and version and platform will display a web site slightly different. Provide a URL and
some will be able to tell you what you may need to do.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

J.D. said:
I'm having a problem with my website working in Netscape using FrontPage to design. I want my
website to be as cross-platform friendly as possible. First, in Netscape 6.2, the fonts are
smaller. Is there html code to fix this?

G

JD

A far as the fonts being smaller, this may be due to your text settings in IE compared with the text settings in Netscape. Before you jump into changing your code, you may want to just double check

In IE go to View > Text Siz
In Netscape go to View > Text Zoo

If both settings are the same, you can look into using style sheets or inline styles to create a consistant look on your text. For more information on using style sheets, view this tutorial: http://www.outfront.net/tutorials_02/adv_tech/css1.ht

As far as NS 4.0, that is a very old browser and it would be hard to determine how it would render your page without knowing what you want to include

JD

B

Binu K [MSFT]

Hi

check the setting in the tool-> page options-> compatibility
In the browser section, check "both Internet explorer and Netscape
navigator" option is selected or not
if its something else change it to

this option may be causing the problem "both Internet explorer and Netscape
navigator

After selecting this option, create a new page with all the components as
in old one( do not copy and paste from the old page) and see its working in