Getting website to work in Netscape 4.08

G

I just redesigned my website using MS Frontpage, and it doesn't work in Netscape 4.08. I want to make it as accessible as possible in as many browsers as possible. Works in IE, Netscape 6, on PC and Mac, pretty sure it works in Mozilla, but nothing shows up in Netscape 4.08, just a blank page

Worst case scenario, is there an easy way to at least put a note on Netscape 4.08 saying something to the effect of, "Unfortunately, this website does not work in Netscape 4, but does in ...

Thanks for any input.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Can't see the site
"The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer"

--

| website: http://www.geocities.com/fidelio1st/film.htm
|
| I just redesigned my website using MS Frontpage, and it doesn't work in Netscape 4.08. I want to make it as accessible as
possible in as many browsers as possible. Works in IE, Netscape 6, on PC and Mac, pretty sure it works in Mozilla, but nothing
shows up in Netscape 4.08, just a blank page.
|
| Worst case scenario, is there an easy way to at least put a note on Netscape 4.08 saying something to the effect of,
"Unfortunately, this website does not work in Netscape 4, but does in ..."
|
| Thanks for any input.

G

Should be working now. Still deciding if I want to upgrade to more bandwidth. Right now it's a free site and trying to keep it that way, so unfortunately it goes out every now and then. Thanks.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

In your frameset page remove the styles like
style="position: absolute; z-index: 0"
and style="padding: 0"

In your top frame remove from the body tag
style="border-left-width: 1; border-right-width: 1; border-top-width: 1; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-width: 1"

Within all your other pages remove all the inline styles like in
<p style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0"> or
<p style="text-indent: -7; margin-right: 10; margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0" align="left">

PS

All your pages have a base target of <base target="_top"> which will open them outside of your framesets - set each frame page to
target your main content frame

| Should be working now. Still deciding if I want to upgrade to more bandwidth. Right now it's a free site and trying to keep it
that way, so unfortunately it goes out every now and then. Thanks.

Ask a Question