FrontPage 2003 don't saves passwords.

G

Hi,

I have a problem. It would be perfect if you'll help me in this.

Well... I use MS FrontPage 2003. When I publish a website, server requests a password, right? I want to make FrontPage to save this password, to don't ask me again. I publish several websites in a day. And the passwords are big and there is no way to remember them. I have checked to save the password. Nothing. Again asking for password.

What can be wrong? Why? Do I have to reinstall the FrontPage?

Just tell me something. PLEASE.

Thanks for time.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

The first time you publish and enter the URL you need to select the remember password option
In Network places - remove the sites
In Windows Explorer delete all *.web (FP web cache) files
Make sure IE has remember / prompt passwords turned on in Tools Internet Options Content AutoComplete
Open FP and use Tools recalculate Hyperlinks, then File Publish Site and reset your remote site properties

--

| Hi,
|
| I have a problem. It would be perfect if you'll help me in this.
|
| Well... I use MS FrontPage 2003. When I publish a website, server requests a password, right? I want to make FrontPage to save
this password, to don't ask me again. I publish several websites in a day. And the passwords are big and there is no way to
remember them. I have checked to save the password. Nothing. Again asking for password.
|
| What can be wrong? Why? Do I have to reinstall the FrontPage?
|
| Just tell me something. PLEASE.
|
| Thanks for time.

Ask a Question