Frontpage 2002 crashing

Antonio Labriola

When i attempt to save or load any document in microsoft
frontpage i can not click the drop down menu to browse my
computer. As soon as i click it frontpage crashes
without warning or any errors. If anyone can help it
will be greatly appreciated.

Stefan B Rusynko

Have you tried the usual repairs in the sequence below:
1) In Windows Explorer Find and delete all FP Temp Files
Usually in C:\WINDOWS\Temp and
C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Local Settings\Temp
2) In Windows Explorer Find and delete all hidden *.web files
Usually in C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache
3) In Windows Explorer Find and delete the file hidden file CMDUI.PRF
Usually in C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Microsoft\FrontPage\State
4) Run a Repair on IE
(see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=318378 )
5) Install all Service Packs for your OS, IE, MS Office and your Video card
(Windows Update and Office Update sites, plus your video card supplier site)
6) Open FP and Disable or Uninstall any FP Addins,
7) Open your FP Web/Site and run a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks

--

| When i attempt to save or load any document in microsoft
| frontpage i can not click the drop down menu to browse my
| computer. As soon as i click it frontpage crashes
| without warning or any errors. If anyone can help it
| will be greatly appreciated.

I have tried all those general methods of fix. And none
of them seem to work. I also have the same problem in
microsoft word. And a few options here and there in
menus in frontpage cause it to crash also. Like when i
go to the addins option under tools, and the customize
option under tools. Any help will be appreciated.

Settings\ said:
4) Run a Repair on IE
(see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=318378 )
5) Install all Service Packs for your OS, IE, MS Office and your Video card
(Windows Update and Office Update sites, plus your video card supplier site)
6) Open FP and Disable or Uninstall any FP Addins,
7) Open your FP Web/Site and run a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks

"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (- ;

"Antonio Labriola" <[email protected]>
wrote in message [email protected]...

Stefan B Rusynko

The file dialogs are common to MS Office and FP
You definitely need to run a repair on MS O and MS FP and install all MSO SP

If running multiple versions of Office products (MS O and FP), reinstall them in the sequence of release (200 before 2002, etc ,and
only install the MSO common tools for the predominant version