Freeze after play

M

Milo

I have had a problem with my computer where it freezes!! I have found out it is when I have played some music or a video. I happens with media player or winamp or the little media player thing on IE. My computer just freezes still...no mouse, no keyboard, have to turn it off via power button.

Any ideas anyone?

Many Thanks,
Milo

M

Milo

What kind of details do you want? My computer is fine until I play music or watch a video in any player (windows media player, winamp, real). It must start a process that keeps running after you exit the media program. It freezes whenever it wants (playing music or after i've exited the program for a while). This is all I can explain really.

Thanks
Milo

Z

Zarax

Try running dxdiag (start-run-dxdiag) and do the tests for both audio and
video, the most likely thing is a driver conflict there.

M

Milo

Done that, all tests fine!

Milo

Try running dxdiag (start-run-dxdiag) and do the tests for both audio and
video, the most likely thing is a driver conflict there.

M

Milo

Not yet. My computer was absolutely fine before, then it just started happening - no codec installs. I reinstalled windows (I have an acer laptop and in comes with restore disks so technically I didn't reformat my comp, just restored it) and the problem still persists. I'm starting to think its hardware.

Thanks
Milo

Z

Zarax

Try reinstalling your audio or video card, you might also want to try asking
in the windowsxp NG as i suspect it's a system or driver related problem
rather than a specific WMP one.

M

Milo

This thread is in the windowsxp NG aswell. Well many thanks for all of your help anyway!

Milo

Ask a Question