Freeware Registry Cleaner

Bill Turner

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

I think we are actually in agreement. I make sure I save my
partition backups on another hard drive. With a boot manager like
BootIt I can boot from the current XP partition or from my backup
or from an earlier backup.

Agreed.

Bill T.

Bob Adkins

I know that's a popular way to go but when the HD self-destructs,
you're dead. I don't think you can beat a full HD image saved on a
second drive or DVD. Different strokes.

If your HDD dies, you have to re-install Windows just to run Acronis Tru
Image anyway... don't you?

I like to use nLite to install a slimmed-down version of Windows XP. Instead
of taking 25 minutes to install, it takes less than 15 minutes, including
video drivers and Windows Hotfixes. Most of my software can be dragged and
dropped from another HDD or from a DVD. You will be surprised how many nice
programs are "portable" in that way.

Another approach would be to set up all your hardware and software "golden",
and save the registry with a program like Erunt. Now all you have to do is
re-install a slim version of XP, drag your favorite programs from backup
DVD's or HDD, and then restore the registry.

No matter how you do it, it's all good fun anyway.

Happy New Year!

John

If your HDD dies, you have to re-install Windows just to run Acronis Tru
Image anyway... don't you?

No - Just use the TrueImage rescue CD to recover the image on second
drive.

Bill Turner