Freeware logo & symbol - status

Petersen, Vegard Krog

http://home.no/buffy2/
* Our goal is to make the The Freeware Logo a universally recognizable symbol for freeware programs and websites.
* Members of the alt.comp.freeware (a.c.f.) group chose this image as their favorite freeware symbol in December 2004

I have not done very much with this project the last six month. There
have been 2.500 unique visitors to the site (and 75% of the visitors
have come from my own sites).

I have registered that 6 - six - other sites than my own uses the
freeware logo/symbol or link to the site.

It started as an idea and wish and became reality, but I had never any
plan for world domination with the symbol and it has not made much of an
impact, sorry. No brilliant strategic plan to spread to word... :)

So here comes a little summer challenge to the visitors and regulars in
a.f.g. : Take a look at it and if you like it: use it! :)

Please respond to the thread and say: I will...

Special challenge to all on the a.c.f. memembers page on
Pricelesswarehome.org!

Now I'm starting a three weeks holiday - wishing everybody a nice summer!

Regards from vegard (whom shortly will by his own domain and get rid of
the intrusive sig - i promise!)

--
Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

My sites:
Solitaire MahJongg: http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/
Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire: http://home.halden.net/vkp/
Freeware Logo & symbol: http://home.no/buffy2/
Chinese Checkers: http://home.no.net/vkp/
Pachisi & Ludo: http://home.no.net/vkp3/
My fishy site (fishing games): http://home.no/vkp32/
a.c.f.g information: http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acfg/acfg.php
Firefoxy: http://users.pandora.be/erlandvo/firefoxy/
18+ - Adult Solitaire: http://home.no.net/rachel12/
18+ - Fishy Pictures: http://home.no.net/rachel12/fishy/
18+ - Sexy Chess: http://home.no.net/vkp4/chess/
18+ - Sexy Librarians: http://home.no.net/vkp4/librarians/
18+ - Sexy Football: http://home.no.net/vkp4/football/
Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb: http://www.fredrikshald-havfiske.no

Susan Bugher

http://home.no/buffy2/

I have not done very much with this project the last six month. There
have been 2.500 unique visitors to the site (and 75% of the visitors
have come from my own sites).

I have registered that 6 - six - other sites than my own uses the
freeware logo/symbol or link to the site.

A question for our expert searchers: What's the best way to find the logo on other web sites?

I've spotted the logo on these member's sites:

http://www.buzzys.net/
http://freeware.quantum.2ya.com/
http://home.hccnet.nl/hmdejong/
http://www.tony-smith.me.uk/

and elsewhere on the net but ATM can't remember where. . .

I tried Googling for freewarelogo.png or freewarelogo.gif - that didn't get me anywhere (*no*
results). Then I tried searching Google images:

http://images.google.com/advanced_image_search?hl=en

First I searched for freeware - too many results. freewarelogo produced just eight results - only
one of which was *the* freeware logo (link was to Buzzy's site).

Any better ideas on how to search for the *the* freeware logo (ACF's favorite)?
Now I'm starting a three weeks holiday - wishing everybody a nice summer!

Happy holidays Vegard. :)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://groups.google.no/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

Freeware Fanatic

I have not done very much with this project the last six month. There
have been 2.500 unique visitors to the site (and 75% of the visitors
have come from my own sites).

I am impressed buy the absence of "jaggies" despite the different sizes.
How do you resize without getting jaggies?

TIA

Wald

Freeware Fanatic said:
I am impressed buy the absence of "jaggies" despite the different sizes.
How do you resize without getting jaggies?

Vector graphics my friend. Resize infinitely in any direction, render to
bitmap for no-jaggy version.

Regards,
Wald

Wald

Petersen said:
Wald skrev:

That might be it :). I didn't make the logo/symbol. Ronald Sandee
made it - http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~rsandee/

You have got a vector copy of the logo, to work with? If not, it's not that
difficult to make one with Inkscape... would give you the flexibility to do
anything with the logo.

Regards,
Wald

Helen

Links but no "logo": (just the word pricelessware)

http://www.ebookclubhouse.com/Directory/Freeware_And_Shareware/2
http://blogs.salon.com/0001968/2004/08/27.html
http://www.shambles.net/pages/school/freesoft/
http://www.raggedclaws.com/freetools/category16.php