freecell

bill ingermany

thanks ray,

have no accessories in add/remove programs, nor under add/
remove windows components.

any other help, thanks, bill

Ray at

Uh, what? You go into Add/Remove WINDOWS COMPONENTS and don't see
Accessories as an option?

Okay, this is a long shot, but open up %windir%\inf\sysoc.inf in NOTEPAD.
Find that line that starts with:
AccessUtil=

Which of these lines matches what is in your file?
1) AccessUtil=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,accessor.inf,hide,7
2) AccessUtil=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,accessor.inf,,7

If the answer is 1, delete "hide" to make it look like 2. Then launch
add/remove programs--add/remove Windows components again.

If the answer is 2, make sure you're following instructions from the first
reply properly and also make sure that you're running Windows 2000...

Ray at work

Ray at

To add to my last post:

If the answer is 1, make that change, and THEN CLOSE AND SAVE SYSOC.INF
before launch add/remove programs again...

Ray at work

dcdon

If the other users are not too computer knowledgeable
In the Start menu navigate to Freecell
Right drag it of onto your desktop and delete the shortcut
or even better, right click on Freecell, choose Properties, and change it to Hidden.

--
regards,
don

To add to my last post:

If the answer is 1, make that change, and THEN CLOSE AND SAVE SYSOC.INF
before launch add/remove programs again...

Ray at work

Ray at

Or, make a batch file that says:

net send YourComputername "Hi, I'm %username% and I'm trying to play
Freecell on %computername% now instead of working."

Create a shortcut to that, change the icon to the icon in Freecell.exe, and
replace the freecell shortcut in the start menu with that shortcut.

Ray at work

dcdon

LOL
thanks,