'Free' music service goes live

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
One of the world's biggest record labels has made its complete back catalogue of songs available free over the internet for the first time.
Sony BMG, which is the home to artists like Britney Spears and Michael Jackson, has signed a deal with the music website We7.
Users can listen to 250,000 songs for free but have to wait for a 10-second advert between each track.

Interesting article. :cool:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thanks for posting Abarb, I've just been trying it out. Lots of music to choose from - even classical, which I happened to pick, just because I was in the mood. :D (Also, the classical tracks tend to be quite long-ish, so not so many ads to listen to!! ;))

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Looks like they finally waking up.

Not saying I agree with the situation as is but that is definitely the way it is, if you catch my drift.

Personally, since 1960 or so I have probably (definitely) spent too much on music. And all those years DJ-ing probably paid for the West wing on Elton John's mansion.

I bought it all, then they asked me to buy it again (vinyl to CD)

I bought it all, then they asked me to buy it again (CD to m4a/mp3/FLAC)

So, to be honest, I don't feel guilty about some of the activities I might indulge in right now.

Having said that, I still buy, sometimes.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks for posting Abarb, I've just been trying it out. Lots of music to choose from - even classical, which I happened to pick, just because I was in the mood. :D (Also, the classical tracks tend to be quite long-ish, so not so many ads to listen to!! ;))

I have only tried the service out on FF on my Arch os and I do not have any adverts at all. Seem to get a silence between tracks :lol:
Listening to the Peppermint Candy station Poon- Tang by the Treniers.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
'Peppermint Candy Station Poon-Tang'

My goodness.

I have, in my possession 4 tracks by a band named The Strawberry Zots. I thought that was odd, but....

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Tried listening to a full album and still no adverts :dance:

Poon-Tang was the name of the song. The Treniers was the name of the group. :)

Ask a Question