Giveaway Free Game: The Walking Dead - Season 1

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Humble Bundle are giving away the Walking Dead S1 game for free! But you'll need to get it within 24 hours...

Here's the link:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-walking-dead-season-1

This is a really good game - I played it last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. I can't recommend getting this enough, especially at this price ;). I'm not normally a fan of point and click adventure style games, but this was fantastic.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Telltale games are great, This is well worth it. Great story telling. :)

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
Yeah they are good if they work properly. 'The Wolf Among us' was completely shocking. Constant stutter and loading issues on my xbox. I gave up playing it

Thankfully 'Walking Dead' didn't really have any issues. I enjoyed it too

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I already have The Walking Dead in my Steam account, purchased in 2012 it says here.

But I thought for free I'll download it anyway then maybe I could give it to a friend. To download TWD I had to register with Humble Bundle, so I did. Then they wanted to download to my Steam account, where the game already was.

Oh well, more spam ;)

I played 36 minutes of the game but as I recall never really got into it, perhaps I'll give it another shot.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I have played so far into the game and thought it was not too bad a game for its type. Seem to remember I got stuck somewhere near a tractor outside a fence, can not remember if I got past that or not. I'll have a look later when the bad weather closes in. :cool:That's the really bad weather not the glorious summer weather we have at the moment. :rolleyes:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Just downloaded it also. Thanks for the heads-up Ian. :cheers:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Me and the other half are working our way through Life is Strange at the moment.

Another story rich episodic adventure game in the style of TWD, TWAU etc. I'm just waiting for the prequel - Life is Strange: Before the Storm - to be on special and I'll grab that too! :)

As someone who very much enjoys shooting someone in a fast paced FPS game this kind of thing is a welcome change of pace at times. :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
We've only played the first episode so far. I'd say its just as good if not better. Obviously the story is completely different. LiS is shaping up to be a hell of a story imo. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I played 36 minutes of the game but as I recall never really got into it, perhaps I'll give it another shot.

It took me a little while to get in to it - I was quite bored at the very beginning, but as the game unfolded and the story started to unravel, I really got in to it. The end of the game can finish with very different people, depending on what you do.

After playing the game, I ended up watching the TV series :).

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
@Ian I played for a while last night, and found it to be very entertaining. I'm enjoying it a lot. :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
@Ian I played for a while last night, and found it to be very entertaining. I'm enjoying it a lot. :thumb:

Great isn't it :D. It get's quite interesting later on when you have to make some important decisions - all of the actions have long term consequences (and quite often there is no "good" way, if that makes sense).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I remember some of the choices too, some of them carry over to the 2nd series if I remember correctly. In fact I think the game has several ending depending on the actions you take.

I'm still waiting on A New Frontier and the Michonne mini series to be on sale and I'll grab them too. :)

Sitrep on LiS: Two episodes in, it feels like a bit of a 'chick flick' - the other half loves it! But its not bad, good story and you can tell its going to be good and quite possibly very sad too. As my favourite curator on Steam says..

"Many choices. Such plot twist. Very beautiful. 10/10 paws. "

Critiquing-Doge :D

That reminds me Telltale did a Game of Thrones series too, Think I have the first one, should really give it a go.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm still yet to play S2 of TWD, so that's pretty nice to know that choices continue to carry on that far. Does it feature some of the same characters?

I need to dedicate more time to gaming!!!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I don't want to say too much as I don't want to spoil anything.

But if I remember right (and after a quick Google to refresh one's memory) it's more the dialog that will reference things from S1 in 400 Days and S2 rather than actual plot changes.

Ask a Question