FP2000 publishing problem

G

I created my web on my old Windows 98 system (on an IDE hard drive) and have since copied it to my new XP system (with a PAPE[?] hard drive). However, when I am using FP2000 on my new machine 1) it requires me to keep inserting the FP2000 CD, and 2) more important, it won't let me publish the web to a new location. I get a "Can't access your files" error message. I suspect it may have something to do file formatting because of the different hard drives, as I've come across this problem before. I'm hoping someone out there might have a way I can publish it successfully. Thanks in advance! Bill

T

Thomas A. Rowe

When moving a FP web between machine, you really need to be able to publish.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Face reader Bill said:
I created my web on my old Windows 98 system (on an IDE hard drive) and have since copied it to my
new XP system (with a PAPE[?] hard drive). However, when I am using FP2000 on my new machine 1) it
requires me to keep inserting the FP2000 CD, and 2) more important, it won't let me publish the web
to a new location. I get a "Can't access your files" error message. I suspect it may have something
to do file formatting because of the different hard drives, as I've come across this problem before.
I'm hoping someone out there might have a way I can publish it successfully. Thanks in advance!
Bill

G

I'm sorry, I still don't get it. The way I have my new computer set up, I have the OLD IDE hard drive along side the new drive, so I can access the original web folders easily. Unfortunately, while I can copy it to the new drive, I can't publish it to the new drive. I get the error message; "An error occurred accessing FrontPage web files." Any thoughts??

--
Bill Cordingley

Thomas A. Rowe said:

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

Face reader Bill said:
I created my web on my old Windows 98 system (on an IDE hard drive) and have since copied it to my
new XP system (with a PAPE[?] hard drive). However, when I am using FP2000 on my new machine 1) it
requires me to keep inserting the FP2000 CD, and 2) more important, it won't let me publish the web
to a new location. I get a "Can't access your files" error message. I suspect it may have something
to do file formatting because of the different hard drives, as I've come across this problem before.
I'm hoping someone out there might have a way I can publish it successfully. Thanks in advance!
Bill

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Can tell me about your old Windows 98 System, where you running FP2000 and where you accessing the
webs via http or c:\?

The problem is that when you copy and not publish a web between location, you copy files that should
not be copied, as the FP extensions create files that are specifically related to the machine that a
specific web was create or open on.

By inserting the old HD into the new machine the drive letter has changed to C: to something else.
The best solution would be to put the drive back in the old machine, then open the web in FP and
publish it to hosted server that has the FP extensions, then on the new machine open the site in FP
and publish back to the new machine.

To solve the FP prompts to install items, do a custom re-install and select to allow everything to
run from your computer, then go the MS Office web site and install all Office 2000 updates.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

Bill Cordingley said:
I'm sorry, I still don't get it. The way I have my new computer set up, I have the OLD IDE hard
drive along side the new drive, so I can access the original web folders easily. Unfortunately,
while I can copy it to the new drive, I can't publish it to the new drive. I get the error message;
"An error occurred accessing FrontPage web files." Any thoughts??
--
Bill Cordingley

Thomas A. Rowe said:

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp

Face reader Bill said:
I created my web on my old Windows 98 system (on an IDE hard drive) and have since copied it
to my
Bill

G

Thanks. Given what you've said, since I already have the latest web online now, could I just somehow publish it back on my new machine? I've been trying to figure out how with FP2000. Can you give me some direction? Thanks very much!

T

Thomas A. Rowe

As long as the site is published to a server that has the FP extensions, open the site directly in
FP on the remote server via File Menu | Open Web and enter the http://www.yourdomain.com then your
login info, then click Ok, then click Open, next click File Menu | Publish Web and then enter the
location for your HD, as C:\mywebsite, if you do not have a local web server installed, or
http://localhost/mywebsite if you have a local web server installed.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

Bill Cordingley said:
Thanks. Given what you've said, since I already have the latest web online now, could I just
somehow publish it back on my new machine? I've been trying to figure out how with FP2000. Can you
give me some direction? Thanks very much!my new XP system (with a PAPE[?] hard drive). However, when I am using FP2000 on my new machine 1)
it requires me to keep inserting the FP2000 CD, and 2) more important, it won't let me publish the
web to a new location. I get a "Can't access your files" error message. I suspect it may have
something to do file formatting because of the different hard drives, as I've come across this
problem before. I'm hoping someone out there might have a way I can publish it successfully. Thanks
in advance! Bill

G

Ah-ha! I was able to do that, I believe exactly as you suggested it. What happened SEEMS to be that all files were downloaded onto my hard drive. When I opened the web, all I saw was the index/home page and it appears all the links and structure and theme are gone. I assume that Earthlink web hosting has the extensions because they talk about them when I speak with them. Might I be missing something Here? Thanks for your very prompt response. You're up late!

Bill
--
Bill Cordingley

Thomas A. Rowe said:
As long as the site is published to a server that has the FP extensions, open the site directly in
FP on the remote server via File Menu | Open Web and enter the http://www.yourdomain.com then your
login info, then click Ok, then click Open, next click File Menu | Publish Web and then enter the
location for your HD, as C:\mywebsite, if you do not have a local web server installed, or
http://localhost/mywebsite if you have a local web server installed.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

Bill Cordingley said:
Thanks. Given what you've said, since I already have the latest web online now, could I just
somehow publish it back on my new machine? I've been trying to figure out how with FP2000. Can you
give me some direction? Thanks very much!my new XP system (with a PAPE[?] hard drive). However, when I am using FP2000 on my new machine 1)
it requires me to keep inserting the FP2000 CD, and 2) more important, it won't let me publish the
web to a new location. I get a "Can't access your files" error message. I suspect it may have
something to do file formatting because of the different hard drives, as I've come across this
problem before. I'm hoping someone out there might have a way I can publish it successfully. Thanks
in advance! Bill

S

Stefan B Rusynko

What were the steps you used to publish from EarthLink site to your PC - exactly

--

| Ah-ha! I was able to do that, I believe exactly as you suggested it. What happened SEEMS to be that all files were downloaded onto
my hard drive. When I opened the web, all I saw was the index/home page and it appears all the links and structure and theme are
gone. I assume that Earthlink web hosting has the extensions because they talk about them when I speak with them. Might I be missing
something Here? Thanks for your very prompt response. You're up late!
|
| Bill
| --
| Bill Cordingley
|
|
| "Thomas A. Rowe" wrote:
|
| > As long as the site is published to a server that has the FP extensions, open the site directly in
| > FP on the remote server via File Menu | Open Web and enter the http://www.yourdomain.com then your
| > login info, then click Ok, then click Open, next click File Menu | Publish Web and then enter the
| > location for your HD, as C:\mywebsite, if you do not have a local web server installed, or
| > http://localhost/mywebsite if you have a local web server installed.
| >
| > --
| > ==============================================
| > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| >
| > FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| > To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| >
| > | > > Thanks. Given what you've said, since I already have the latest web online now, could I just
| > somehow publish it back on my new machine? I've been trying to figure out how with FP2000. Can you
| > give me some direction? Thanks very much!
| > > --
| > > Bill Cordingley
| > >
| > >
| > > "Face reader Bill" wrote:
| > >
| > > > I created my web on my old Windows 98 system (on an IDE hard drive) and have since copied it to
| > my new XP system (with a PAPE[?] hard drive). However, when I am using FP2000 on my new machine 1)
| > it requires me to keep inserting the FP2000 CD, and 2) more important, it won't let me publish the
| > web to a new location. I get a "Can't access your files" error message. I suspect it may have
| > something to do file formatting because of the different hard drives, as I've come across this
| > problem before. I'm hoping someone out there might have a way I can publish it successfully. Thanks
| > in advance! Bill
| >
| >
| >

G

I went to File/Import and the Import Web Wizard popped up. I typed in the web address where my web is posted (www.facefrontiers.com)...it then asked if I wanted to let FP merge something-or-other (I said yes)...it downloaded lots of files...and when I went to the nav view it showed me only the home page.

--
Bill Cordingley

Stefan B Rusynko said:
What were the steps you used to publish from EarthLink site to your PC - exactly

--

| Ah-ha! I was able to do that, I believe exactly as you suggested it. What happened SEEMS to be that all files were downloaded onto
my hard drive. When I opened the web, all I saw was the index/home page and it appears all the links and structure and theme are
gone. I assume that Earthlink web hosting has the extensions because they talk about them when I speak with them. Might I be missing
something Here? Thanks for your very prompt response. You're up late!
|
| Bill
| --
| Bill Cordingley
|
|
| "Thomas A. Rowe" wrote:
|
| > As long as the site is published to a server that has the FP extensions, open the site directly in
| > FP on the remote server via File Menu | Open Web and enter the http://www.yourdomain.com then your
| > login info, then click Ok, then click Open, next click File Menu | Publish Web and then enter the
| > location for your HD, as C:\mywebsite, if you do not have a local web server installed, or
| > http://localhost/mywebsite if you have a local web server installed.
| >
| > --
| > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| >
| > FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| > To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| >
| > | > > Thanks. Given what you've said, since I already have the latest web online now, could I just
| > somehow publish it back on my new machine? I've been trying to figure out how with FP2000. Can you
| > give me some direction? Thanks very much!
| > > --
| > > Bill Cordingley
| > >
| > >
| > > "Face reader Bill" wrote:
| > >
| > > > I created my web on my old Windows 98 system (on an IDE hard drive) and have since copied it to
| > my new XP system (with a PAPE[?] hard drive). However, when I am using FP2000 on my new machine 1)
| > it requires me to keep inserting the FP2000 CD, and 2) more important, it won't let me publish the
| > web to a new location. I get a "Can't access your files" error message. I suspect it may have
| > something to do file formatting because of the different hard drives, as I've come across this
| > problem before. I'm hoping someone out there might have a way I can publish it successfully. Thanks
| > in advance! Bill
| >
| >
| >

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Thomas did not tell you to go to File Import
- that will not bring in your FP Web and structure / navigation, etc
- that is no better than going into Internet Explorer and doing a File Save As for each page

According to http://www.facefrontiers.com/_vti_inf.html your EarthLink site Has the FP Server Extensions so you can Publsih from the
online web to your PC as Thomas recommended

Read and follow these steps exactly

Open FP and select File Open Web and enter your URL as
http://www.facefrontiers.com/ and log in using your user Id and password
(if you get an error or can't log in contact EarthLink, or try to open your home page in Internet Explorer at
http://www.facefrontiers.com/ and in IE select File Edit with FrontPage)

With the Online web open in FP run a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks and select File Publish (All Pages) and browse to an existing
folder on your PC
- say: C:\MyWeb or: C:\wwwFaceFrontiers (note: no spaces in folder names)
- if the folder doesn't exist you can create it in the dialog box, or create it in Windows before you start
(recommend not using any prior FP web folder or location to prevent merging data from 2 webs)
- FP will ask if you want to convert the folder to a web - reply Yes

When done publishing use File Close Web to close the online web in FP
Then open your new local disc based web in FP
File Open Web and browse to the new folder you created, say C:\MyWeb

PS
Rename All your files and folders to remove all spaces and punctuation
- illegal html / breaks your links
- use an under_score for separation if you want - say: Cordingley_as_speaker

--

| I went to File/Import and the Import Web Wizard popped up. I typed in the web address where my web is posted
(www.facefrontiers.com)...it then asked if I wanted to let FP merge something-or-other (I said yes)...it downloaded lots of
files...and when I went to the nav view it showed me only the home page.
|
| --
| Bill Cordingley
|
|
| "Stefan B Rusynko" wrote:
|
| > What were the steps you used to publish from EarthLink site to your PC - exactly
| >
| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| >
| >
| > | > | Ah-ha! I was able to do that, I believe exactly as you suggested it. What happened SEEMS to be that all files were downloaded
onto
| > my hard drive. When I opened the web, all I saw was the index/home page and it appears all the links and structure and theme are
| > gone. I assume that Earthlink web hosting has the extensions because they talk about them when I speak with them. Might I be
missing
| > something Here? Thanks for your very prompt response. You're up late!
| > |
| > | Bill
| > | --
| > | Bill Cordingley
| > |
| > |
| > | "Thomas A. Rowe" wrote:
| > |
| > | > As long as the site is published to a server that has the FP extensions, open the site directly in
| > | > FP on the remote server via File Menu | Open Web and enter the http://www.yourdomain.com then your
| > | > login info, then click Ok, then click Open, next click File Menu | Publish Web and then enter the
| > | > location for your HD, as C:\mywebsite, if you do not have a local web server installed, or
| > | > http://localhost/mywebsite if you have a local web server installed.
| > | >
| > | > --
| > | > ==============================================
| > | > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| > | > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| > | >
| > | > FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| > | > To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| > | > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > | >
| > | > | > | > > Thanks. Given what you've said, since I already have the latest web online now, could I just
| > | > somehow publish it back on my new machine? I've been trying to figure out how with FP2000. Can you
| > | > give me some direction? Thanks very much!
| > | > > --
| > | > > Bill Cordingley
| > | > >
| > | > >
| > | > > "Face reader Bill" wrote:
| > | > >
| > | > > > I created my web on my old Windows 98 system (on an IDE hard drive) and have since copied it to
| > | > my new XP system (with a PAPE[?] hard drive). However, when I am using FP2000 on my new machine 1)
| > | > it requires me to keep inserting the FP2000 CD, and 2) more important, it won't let me publish the
| > | > web to a new location. I get a "Can't access your files" error message. I suspect it may have
| > | > something to do file formatting because of the different hard drives, as I've come across this
| > | > problem before. I'm hoping someone out there might have a way I can publish it successfully. Thanks
| > | > in advance! Bill
| > | >
| > | >
| > | >
| >
| >
| >

G

I will do this today/tonight, as soon as I have the opportunity. Thanks very much. Sorry I couldn't be there last night when your instructions arrived! I very much appreciate everyone's help.
--
Bill Cordingley

Stefan B Rusynko said:
- that is no better than going into Internet Explorer and doing a File Save As for each page

According to http://www.facefrontiers.com/_vti_inf.html your EarthLink site Has the FP Server Extensions so you can Publsih from the

(if you get an error or can't log in contact EarthLink, or try to open your home page in Internet Explorer at

With the Online web open in FP run a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks and select File Publish (All Pages) and browse to an existing
folder on your PC
- if the folder doesn't exist you can create it in the dialog box, or create it in Windows before you start
(recommend not using any prior FP web folder or location to prevent merging data from 2 webs)

PS

--

| I went to File/Import and the Import Web Wizard popped up. I typed in the web address where my web is posted
(www.facefrontiers.com)...it then asked if I wanted to let FP merge something-or-other (I said yes)...it downloaded lots of
|
| --
| Bill Cordingley
|
|
|
| > What were the steps you used to publish from EarthLink site to your PC - exactly
| >
| > --
| >
| >
| >
| > | > | Ah-ha! I was able to do that, I believe exactly as you suggested it. What happened SEEMS to be that all files were downloaded
onto
| > my hard drive. When I opened the web, all I saw was the index/home page and it appears all the links and structure and theme are
| > gone. I assume that Earthlink web hosting has the extensions because they talk about them when I speak with them. Might I be
missing
| > |
| > | Bill
| > | --
| > | Bill Cordingley
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | > As long as the site is published to a server that has the FP extensions, open the site directly in
| > | > FP on the remote server via File Menu | Open Web and enter the http://www.yourdomain.com then your
| > | > login info, then click Ok, then click Open, next click File Menu | Publish Web and then enter the
| > | > location for your HD, as C:\mywebsite, if you do not have a local web server installed, or
| > | >
| > | > --
| > | >
| > | >
| > | > | > | > > Thanks. Given what you've said, since I already have the latest web online now, could I just
| > | > somehow publish it back on my new machine? I've been trying to figure out how with FP2000. Can you
| > | > > --
| > | > >
| > | > >
| > | > >
| > | > > > I created my web on my old Windows 98 system (on an IDE hard drive) and have since copied it to
| > | > my new XP system (with a PAPE[?] hard drive). However, when I am using FP2000 on my new machine 1)
| > | > it requires me to keep inserting the FP2000 CD, and 2) more important, it won't let me publish the
| > | > web to a new location. I get a "Can't access your files" error message. I suspect it may have
| > | > something to do file formatting because of the different hard drives, as I've come across this
| > | > problem before. I'm hoping someone out there might have a way I can publish it successfully. Thanks
| > | > in advance! Bill
| > | >
| > | >
| > | >
| >
| >
| >

G

Mr. Rusynko or anyone,
I have been able to publish my site in the past but for some unknown reason
I can't now. When I try ANY of the suggestions I get the alert could not find
web server at 'www.mistymountaindesigns.com' on port 80. I can access my
site with IE. Help Please!!!

Stefan B Rusynko said:

folder on your PC

PS

--

|
| --
| Bill Cordingley
|
|
|
| >
| > --
| >
| >
| >
onto
missing
| > |
| > | Bill
| > | --
| > | Bill Cordingley
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | >
| > | > --
| > | >
| > | >
| > | > > --
| > | > >
| > | > >
| > | > >
| > | > in advance! Bill
| > | >
| > | >
| > | >
| >
| >
| >

T

Thomas A. Rowe

In FP File Menu | Open Web / Site are you typing:
http://www.mistymountaindesigns.com or just www.mistymountaindesigns.com to access your site, you
must include the http://.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

AprilTN said:
Mr. Rusynko or anyone,

Stefan B Rusynko said:

folder on your PC

PS

--

|
| --
| Bill Cordingley
|
|
|
| >
| > --
| >
| >
| >
onto
missing
| > |
| > | Bill
| > | --
| > | Bill Cordingley
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | >
| > | > --
| > | >
| > | >
| > | > > --
| > | > >
| > | > >
| > | > >
| > | > in advance! Bill
| > | >
| > | >
| > | >
| >
| >
| >

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

HA !! I made that silly mistake myself last night...a senior moment!

| In FP File Menu | Open Web / Site are you typing:
| http://www.mistymountaindesigns.com or just www.mistymountaindesigns.com to access your site, you
| must include the http://.
|
| --
| ==============================================
| Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
|
| FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| ==============================================
| To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
|
| | > Mr. Rusynko or anyone,
| > I have been able to publish my site in the past but for some unknown reason
| > I can't now. When I try ANY of the suggestions I get the alert could not find
| > web server at 'www.mistymountaindesigns.com' on port 80. I can access my
| > site with IE. Help Please!!!
| >
| > "Stefan B Rusynko" wrote:
| >
| > > Thomas did not tell you to go to File Import
| > > - that will not bring in your FP Web and structure / navigation, etc
| > > - that is no better than going into Internet Explorer and doing a File Save As for each page
| > >
| > > According to http://www.facefrontiers.com/_vti_inf.html your EarthLink site Has the FP Server
| Extensions so you can Publsih from the
| > > online web to your PC as Thomas recommended
| > >
| > > Read and follow these steps exactly
| > >
| > > Open FP and select File Open Web and enter your URL as
| > > http://www.facefrontiers.com/ and log in using your user Id and password
| > > (if you get an error or can't log in contact EarthLink, or try to open your home page in
| Internet Explorer at
| > > http://www.facefrontiers.com/ and in IE select File Edit with FrontPage)
| > >
| > > With the Online web open in FP run a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks and select File Publish (All
| Pages) and browse to an existing
| > > folder on your PC
| > > - say: C:\MyWeb or: C:\wwwFaceFrontiers (note: no spaces in folder names)
| > > - if the folder doesn't exist you can create it in the dialog box, or create it in Windows
| before you start
| > > (recommend not using any prior FP web folder or location to prevent merging data from 2 webs)
| > > - FP will ask if you want to convert the folder to a web - reply Yes
| > >
| > > When done publishing use File Close Web to close the online web in FP
| > > Then open your new local disc based web in FP
| > > File Open Web and browse to the new folder you created, say C:\MyWeb
| > >
| > > PS
| > > Rename All your files and folders to remove all spaces and punctuation
| > > - illegal html / breaks your links
| > > - use an under_score for separation if you want - say: Cordingley_as_speaker
| > >
| > > --
| > >
| > > _____________________________________________
| > > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > > _____________________________________________
| > >
| > >
| > > | > > | I went to File/Import and the Import Web Wizard popped up. I typed in the web address where my
| web is posted
| > > (www.facefrontiers.com)...it then asked if I wanted to let FP merge something-or-other (I said
| yes)...it downloaded lots of
| > > files...and when I went to the nav view it showed me only the home page.
| > > |
| > > | --
| > > | Bill Cordingley
| > > |
| > > |
| > > | "Stefan B Rusynko" wrote:
| > > |
| > > | > What were the steps you used to publish from EarthLink site to your PC - exactly
| > > | >
| > > | > --
| > > | >
| > > | > _____________________________________________
| > > | > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > > | > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > > | > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > > | > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > > | > _____________________________________________
| > > | >
| > > | >
| > > | > | > > | > | Ah-ha! I was able to do that, I believe exactly as you suggested it. What happened SEEMS
| to be that all files were downloaded
| > > onto
| > > | > my hard drive. When I opened the web, all I saw was the index/home page and it appears all
| the links and structure and theme are
| > > | > gone. I assume that Earthlink web hosting has the extensions because they talk about them
| when I speak with them. Might I be
| > > missing
| > > | > something Here? Thanks for your very prompt response. You're up late!
| > > | > |
| > > | > | Bill
| > > | > | --
| > > | > | Bill Cordingley
| > > | > |
| > > | > |
| > > | > | "Thomas A. Rowe" wrote:
| > > | > |
| > > | > | > As long as the site is published to a server that has the FP extensions, open the site
| directly in
| > > | > | > FP on the remote server via File Menu | Open Web and enter the http://www.yourdomain.com
| then your
| > > | > | > login info, then click Ok, then click Open, next click File Menu | Publish Web and then
| enter the
| > > | > | > location for your HD, as C:\mywebsite, if you do not have a local web server installed,
| or
| > > | > | > http://localhost/mywebsite if you have a local web server installed.
| > > | > | >
| > > | > | > --
| > > | > | > ==============================================
| > > | > | > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| > > | > | > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| > > | > | >
| > > | > | > FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| > > | > | > ==============================================
| > > | > | > To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| > > | > | > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > > | > | >
| > > | > | > | > > | > | > > Thanks. Given what you've said, since I already have the latest web online now, could
| I just
| > > | > | > somehow publish it back on my new machine? I've been trying to figure out how with
| FP2000. Can you
| > > | > | > give me some direction? Thanks very much!
| > > | > | > > --
| > > | > | > > Bill Cordingley
| > > | > | > >
| > > | > | > >
| > > | > | > > "Face reader Bill" wrote:
| > > | > | > >
| > > | > | > > > I created my web on my old Windows 98 system (on an IDE hard drive) and have since
| copied it to
| > > | > | > my new XP system (with a PAPE[?] hard drive). However, when I am using FP2000 on my new
| machine 1)
| > > | > | > it requires me to keep inserting the FP2000 CD, and 2) more important, it won't let me
| publish the
| > > | > | > web to a new location. I get a "Can't access your files" error message. I suspect it may
| have
| > > | > | > something to do file formatting because of the different hard drives, as I've come
| across this
| > > | > | > problem before. I'm hoping someone out there might have a way I can publish it
| successfully. Thanks
| > > | > | > in advance! Bill
| > > | > | >
| > > | > | >
| > > | > | >
| > > | >
| > > | >
| > > | >
| > >
| > >
| > >
|
|

G

Yes I am including it. I also can't access it from IE with edit w/FP. I tried
to edit with FP another site I created that is hosted on a different server
and still get the port 80 error.

Thomas A. Rowe said:
http://www.mistymountaindesigns.com or just www.mistymountaindesigns.com to access your site, you

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

AprilTN said:
Mr. Rusynko or anyone,

Stefan B Rusynko said:

folder on your PC

PS

--

|
| --
| Bill Cordingley
|
|
|
| >
| > --
| >
| >
| >
onto
missing
| > |
| > | Bill
| > | --
| > | Bill Cordingley
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | >
| > | > --
| > | >
| > | >
| > | > > --
| > | > >
| > | > >
| > | > >
| > | > in advance! Bill
| > | >
| > | >
| > | >
| >
| >
| >

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Do you have any firewall application installed, such as Zone Alarm, if so, disable it then try.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

AprilTN said:

Thomas A. Rowe said:

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

AprilTN said:
Mr. Rusynko or anyone,

:

According to http://www.facefrontiers.com/_vti_inf.html your EarthLink site Has the FP
Server
Extensions so you can Publsih from the

With the Online web open in FP run a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks and select File Publish
(All
Pages) and browse to an existing
folder on your PC

PS

--

| I went to File/Import and the Import Web Wizard popped up. I typed in the web address
where my
web is posted
(www.facefrontiers.com)...it then asked if I wanted to let FP merge something-or-other (I
said
yes)...it downloaded lots of
|
| --
| Bill Cordingley
|
|
|
| >
| > --
| >
| >
| >
| > | > | Ah-ha! I was able to do that, I believe exactly as you suggested it. What happened
SEEMS
to be that all files were downloaded
onto
| > my hard drive. When I opened the web, all I saw was the index/home page and it appears
all
the links and structure and theme are
| > gone. I assume that Earthlink web hosting has the extensions because they talk about
them
when I speak with them. Might I be
missing
| > |
| > | Bill
| > | --
| > | Bill Cordingley
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | > As long as the site is published to a server that has the FP extensions, open the
site
directly in
| > | > FP on the remote server via File Menu | Open Web and enter the
http://www.yourdomain.com
then your
| > | > login info, then click Ok, then click Open, next click File Menu | Publish Web and
then
enter the
| > | > location for your HD, as C:\mywebsite, if you do not have a local web server
installed,
or
| > | >
| > | > --
| > | >
| > | >
| > | > | > | > > Thanks. Given what you've said, since I already have the latest web online now,
could
I just
| > | > > --
| > | > >
| > | > >
| > | > >
| > | > > > I created my web on my old Windows 98 system (on an IDE hard drive) and have
since
copied it to
| > | > my new XP system (with a PAPE[?] hard drive). However, when I am using FP2000 on my
new
machine 1)
| > | > it requires me to keep inserting the FP2000 CD, and 2) more important, it won't let
me
publish the
| > | > web to a new location. I get a "Can't access your files" error message. I suspect it
may
have
| > | > in advance! Bill
| > | >
| > | >
| > | >
| >
| >
| >

G

Hey guys,
Thanks for the thoughts...I fixed it. It was my Internet Security that was
stopping me. I was logged in as a child not supervisor. Duh. Thanks!

AprilTN said:

Thomas A. Rowe said:

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

AprilTN said:
Mr. Rusynko or anyone,

:

According to http://www.facefrontiers.com/_vti_inf.html your EarthLink site Has the FP Server

With the Online web open in FP run a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks and select File Publish (All
folder on your PC

PS

--

|
| --
| Bill Cordingley
|
|
|
| >
| > --
| >
| >
| >
| > | > | Ah-ha! I was able to do that, I believe exactly as you suggested it. What happened SEEMS
onto
| > my hard drive. When I opened the web, all I saw was the index/home page and it appears all
| > gone. I assume that Earthlink web hosting has the extensions because they talk about them
missing
| > |
| > | Bill
| > | --
| > | Bill Cordingley
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | >
| > | > --
| > | >
| > | >
| > | > > --
| > | > >
| > | > >
| > | > >
| > | > in advance! Bill
| > | >
| > | >
| > | >
| >
| >
| >

G

I also, had a Port 80 error when trying to Publish from my Computer to my
site. After resolving that it was not the server (and this helped to isolate
things). So, we switched off AVG Antivirus and then tried to publish. THAT
WAS THE SOLUTION. I am sending this so that you may gain this knowledge as
well.

Thomas A. Rowe said:
Do you have any firewall application installed, such as Zone Alarm, if so, disable it then try.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

AprilTN said:

Thomas A. Rowe said:

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

Mr. Rusynko or anyone,

:

According to http://www.facefrontiers.com/_vti_inf.html your EarthLink site Has the FP Server

(if you get an error or can't log in contact EarthLink, or try to open your home page in
Internet Explorer at

With the Online web open in FP run a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks and select File Publish (All
folder on your PC
- if the folder doesn't exist you can create it in the dialog box, or create it in Windows
before you start

PS

--

| I went to File/Import and the Import Web Wizard popped up. I typed in the web address where my
web is posted
(www.facefrontiers.com)...it then asked if I wanted to let FP merge something-or-other (I said
yes)...it downloaded lots of
|
| --
| Bill Cordingley
|
|
|
| >
| > --
| >
| >
| >
| > | > | Ah-ha! I was able to do that, I believe exactly as you suggested it. What happened SEEMS
onto
| > my hard drive. When I opened the web, all I saw was the index/home page and it appears all
| > gone. I assume that Earthlink web hosting has the extensions because they talk about them
missing
| > |
| > | Bill
| > | --
| > | Bill Cordingley
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | > As long as the site is published to a server that has the FP extensions, open the site
directly in
| > | > FP on the remote server via File Menu | Open Web and enter the http://www.yourdomain.com
then your
| > | > login info, then click Ok, then click Open, next click File Menu | Publish Web and then
enter the
| > | > location for your HD, as C:\mywebsite, if you do not have a local web server installed,
or
| > | >
| > | > --
| > | >
| > | >
| > | > | > | > > Thanks. Given what you've said, since I already have the latest web online now, could
I just
| > | > somehow publish it back on my new machine? I've been trying to figure out how with
FP2000. Can you
| > | > > --
| > | > >
| > | > >
| > | > >
| > | > > > I created my web on my old Windows 98 system (on an IDE hard drive) and have since
copied it to
| > | > my new XP system (with a PAPE[?] hard drive). However, when I am using FP2000 on my new
machine 1)
| > | > it requires me to keep inserting the FP2000 CD, and 2) more important, it won't let me
publish the
| > | > web to a new location. I get a "Can't access your files" error message. I suspect it may
have
| > | > something to do file formatting because of the different hard drives, as I've come
across this
| > | > problem before. I'm hoping someone out there might have a way I can publish it
successfully. Thanks
| > | > in advance! Bill
| > | >
| > | >
| > | >
| >
| >
| >

Ask a Question