FP error: no web server

Using FP 2003

FP cannot open webs now.
I can open the folder with file-open, work on the web and then publish.
But no local web-server can be found.

IIS is running, and appears to be working fine.

All updates have been applied to the machine.

Help please.

Monday afternoon

Thank you for your response.

I can open the web with IE using http://localhost/whp1

FP: Using File | Open Site, and typing in the address, FrontPage displays a "Connecting to server" message for a while and then
displays:

The Folder http://localhost/whp1 isn't accessible. The folder may be located in an unavailable location, protect with a
password,....

Any thoughts?

When you try to open it from IIS are you using http://localhost/webname as the address??

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

And: IIS cannot display any information about the server extensions.

When I attempt to check, recalculate, remove "Server Extensions 2002" a File Download dialog is displayed: Do you want to save this
file? fpadmdll. Whether I save or cancel IE is displays lost of computer code.

Help me Rhonda, Help, Help me Rhonda,...

When you try to open it from IIS are you using http://localhost/webname as the address??

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
FP Cleaner
http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm
Hit Me FP
http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/HitMeFP.htm

Steve Easton

Open windows management console.
Click the plus by Internet Information Services
Right click "Default Web Site" and select Properties.
Click the directory security tab.
Click the Edit button for Anonymous access and authentication control.
On the Authentication methods dialog check "Anonymous Access. and on the bottom check
"Integrated Windows authentication"
Click OK, and click Ok or apply all of the way out.

Stop and Restart IIS or restart the computer.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
J said:
And: IIS cannot display any information about the server extensions.

When I attempt to check, recalculate, remove "Server Extensions 2002" a File Download
dialog is displayed: Do you want to save this

Thank you for your response.

But, no joy.

I'm thinking to uninstall IIS and FP and install again