Formula help

T

thespectre23

Ok, I have been trying to do this for days and I need some help. Here is what I would like to do:

I would like a formula that when I insert a date into cell B2 it finds the same date in row 2 (L1 through Z1), then returnw the "TEXT" that is below that date in Cell C2 or whatever cell the formula is in.

I know its possible, but cant figure it out at all. the closest I got was =HLOOKUP("TEXT",L1:Z1,TRUE) but that only returns the last text in the row. Any help will be appriciated!

C

Claus Busch

Hi,

Am Tue, 15 Jan 2013 19:41:43 -0800 (PST) schrieb (e-mail address removed):
I would like a formula that when I insert a date into cell B2 it finds the same date in row 2 (L1 through Z1), then returnw the "TEXT" that is below that date in Cell C2 or whatever cell the formula is in.

I know its possible, but cant figure it out at all. the closest I got was =HLOOKUP("TEXT",L1:Z1,TRUE) but that only returns the last text in the row. Any help will be appriciated!

try:
=HLOOKUP(B2,L1:Z2,2,0)

Regards
Claus Busch

Ask a Question