Format in replies

S

Steve Sobek

Hello! I am new to the forum, so I apologize if this question has come up and been answered. For work, I primarily use Outlook 2003. My job requires me to edit messages sent internally and have the changes show up as bold/blue letters so the senders can easily see the edits.

On my personal machine, I've set up Outlook 2007 (and now the 2010 Beta, what can I say, I love being on the bleeding edge). I cannot seem to get this formatting to work correctly now. i.e, whenever I set all of my fonts (to bold, blue, etc.) in Options, when I reply to a message and start to edit it, it does not enforce the bold style, though it gets the color right.

I used to have this same problem with 2003, but I was able to uncheck the "use MS Word" option and have this formatting work.

Of course, 2007 and 2010 use Word exclusively, so I don't see this option anywhere anymore.

Does anyone know of a way that I can enforce this consistently? That anytime I type into a reply (including editing the original message) that the font/style will do what I want it to do?

I know the Ribbon is supposed to simplify a lot of actions, but to tell you the truth, it makes it all a bit more confusing to me. There are so many places to fool with things I can never tell where I should be going to fix something.

Thanks for your help!.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

Ask a Question