Form Validation Error Page

G

The default FP 2003 form validation error page at the bottom has a Return to the Form link that does return to the form just completed by the vistor, but it returns the form with all the data blank, requiring the reentry of ALL the data once again. I see references in books about how to enter the URL of a custom validation error page (it even works), but because I cannot see the source code (likely FoxPro), I cannot construct a custom validation page that will pull the validation errors from the form. No, I do not do FoxPro!

Help, please!

Regards,

Russ Tucker
libertyships.org

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Not possible with the FP Form Handler, would require a custom written server-side script in ASP,
PHP, etc.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Bytes said:
The default FP 2003 form validation error page at the bottom has a Return to the Form link that
does return to the form just completed by the vistor, but it returns the form with all the data
blank, requiring the reentry of ALL the data once again. I see references in books about how to
enter the URL of a custom validation error page (it even works), but because I cannot see the source
code (likely FoxPro), I cannot construct a custom validation page that will pull the validation
errors from the form. No, I do not do FoxPro!

G

Mr. Rowe,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there anyway to bring up the existing source code for the default page to change the link to a non-link line reading use back button to return to the form, which when this is done, it does return the form with the last data present?

T

Thomas A. Rowe

No. Default pages display by the form handler are dynamically generated by the FP server extensions.
To do what you want requires that you write a custom form handler using ASP, PHP, etc.

--
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Bytes said:
Mr. Rowe,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there anyway to bring up the existing source code for the default page to change the link to a
non-link line reading use back button to return to the form, which when this is done, it does return
the form with the last data present?

G

What I did to overcome this was to create a bookmark button that links to the top of page.

Ask a Question