form submit problem

G

I just redid and 2 webs. I published them and at this point am working live. Web B is a subweb of Web A. They both have "contact us" forms that produce a confirmation page and get e-mailed. The one on Web B works, but the one on Web A does not. First, when I go to save the page after authoring it in FP, I get one of those messages that indicates the e-mail address will not work until the site is published. Second, online, I can fill out the form, but when I click the submit button, I get a password type box to connect to the server. When I close out the box, I get an error message about FP extensions.

"You are not authorized to view this page. You do not have permission to view this page using your current user account. Please try the following: If you have another user account with a higher level of permission, click your browser's Back button to try again using that account. If you believe you should be able to view this page, contact the Web site administrator."

What can I check?

G

Adela,

How about a URL for the problem page?

Mike Smith,

http://FrontPageForms.com
FrontPage Form Tutorials
& Form Script Examples

If you found my post helpful, please take a sec to click
the "Yes" button. I'm in it for the glory.

G

Correction - as is evident from the quote - the error message does not include anything about FP extensions.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Are you saving results to a file
If so, the file must be in the _private folder of that specific web

--

| Correction - as is evident from the quote - the error message does not include anything about FP extensions.
|
| "Adela D" wrote:
|
| > I just redid and 2 webs. I published them and at this point am working live. Web B is a subweb of Web A. They both have
"contact us" forms that produce a confirmation page and get e-mailed. The one on Web B works, but the one on Web A does not.
First, when I go to save the page after authoring it in FP, I get one of those messages that indicates the e-mail address will not
work until the site is published. Second, online, I can fill out the form, but when I click the submit button, I get a password
type box to connect to the server. When I close out the box, I get an error message about FP extensions.
| >
| > "You are not authorized to view this page. You do not have permission to view this page using your current user account. Please
try the following: If you have another user account with a higher level of permission, click your browser's Back button to try again
using that account. If you believe you should be able to view this page, contact the Web site administrator."
| >
| > What can I check?
| >

A

Andrew Murray

does your host allow you to create sub webs?

Adela D said:
Correction - as is evident from the quote - the error message does not include anything about FP extensions.
Web B is a subweb of Web A. They both have "contact us" forms that produce a
confirmation page and get e-mailed. The one on Web B works, but the one on Web A
does not. First, when I go to save the page after authoring it in FP, I get one
of those messages that indicates the e-mail address will not work until the site
is published. Second, online, I can fill out the form, but when I click the
submit button, I get a password type box to connect to the server. When I close
out the box, I get an error message about FP extensions.view this page using your current user account. Please try the following: If you
have another user account with a higher level of permission, click your browser's
Back button to try again using that account. If you believe you should be able to
view this page, contact the Web site administrator."

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Then have your host check permissions on your site and the _private folder
- they may have tightened them up too far

--

| Yes I am, and it is.
|
| "Stefan B Rusynko" wrote:
|
| > Are you saving results to a file
| > If so, the file must be in the _private folder of that specific web
| >
| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| > _____________________________________________
| >
| >
| > | Correction - as is evident from the quote - the error message does not include anything about FP extensions.
| > |
| > | "Adela D" wrote:
| > |
| > | > I just redid and 2 webs. I published them and at this point am working live. Web B is a subweb of Web A. They both have
| > "contact us" forms that produce a confirmation page and get e-mailed. The one on Web B works, but the one on Web A does not.
| > First, when I go to save the page after authoring it in FP, I get one of those messages that indicates the e-mail address will
not
| > work until the site is published. Second, online, I can fill out the form, but when I click the submit button, I get a password
| > type box to connect to the server. When I close out the box, I get an error message about FP extensions.
| > | >
| > | > "You are not authorized to view this page. You do not have permission to view this page using your current user account.
Please
| > try the following: If you have another user account with a higher level of permission, click your browser's Back button to try
again
| > using that account. If you believe you should be able to view this page, contact the Web site administrator."
| > | >
| > | > What can I check?
| > | >
| >
| >
| >

Ask a Question