Form strategy in mixed 2003/2007 environment?

Reaction score
I'm looking for advice on the best strategy for creating and deploying custom forms in a mixed environment of Outlook 2003 and 2007.

I want to have a custom task form that includes drop-down boxes for some custom fields such as project name, project manager, etc. Then I want to be able to add the project name field to incoming emails and enable the recipient to select the project name and create a task from the email. Additionally, I want to create an "archived" field on incoming messages so that the user can periodically run a utility to copy unarchived emails to a public folder for the specified project.

I can see how to do this with replace-all form fields in Outlook 2007, but 1) I'd like to code everything only once and have it work for both 2003 and 2007 users and 2) I'm seeing the advice against replacing the default message form.

My preference is to work in VB 2008 / VSTO.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Wes

Ask a Question