Form opens fine on computer 1, opens hidden on computer 2

Reaction score
Very odd Access 2007 problem that I'm hoping someone can at least point me in the right direction to solve.

I have dbase with a few tables and probably 10 forms. Everything works perfect on my laptop. All security settings are at their default.
Move to my desktop open the file, 8 of 10 forms work fine. The other 2 open hidden. When you double click on them, Access flashes for lack of a better term, but nothing happens. Focus is taken away from the main access window, so you know something is open. If you hit alt-f4, that hidden window closes.
Then I right click on the form, go to design mode, edit something ...anything simple (like size of a text box), save, close. Now the form works perfect on the desktop. Opens, edits, closes. BUT! Move back to the laptop, and the now form opens "hidden" on the laptop...until I edit it and save.

Very odd. Any help is appreciated. I promise I will post back when I solve this.

GT

Reaction score
Good golly. I feel stupid. The issue was that both systems had 2 monitors. System 1 had the primary on right. System 2 had the primary on the left. The popup forms were popping up on a monitor that wasn't there.

Ask a Question