form not submitting in FP2002

Hi -

I'm still grappling with a form submit problem. I get the following message:
cannot find 404 (or something like that) followed by the following link
listing:

http://www.ptwa.org/--WEBBOT-SELF--

I have an existing form that still works. Originally I thought it was a
problem with the extension installation on my account with Qwest. (Perhaps it
still is.) They're telling me they have never supported the submit function
and that it should never have worked, but if it used to work it still should
because they haven't made any changes.

Any suggestions?

JackieB

Thomas A. Rowe

If they never supported, be happy that your existing form is still working, as they may now check
your site disable it as well. They own the server, and have complete control over what you can or
can not do.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

I can't find any forms on the mentioned site. Please supply direct links
to the form that doesn't work as well as the one that does.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

One that works: http://www.ptwa.org/NominationForm.htm

One that doesn't: http://www.ptwa.org/ReimbForm.htm

Thanks...

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
I can't find any forms on the mentioned site. Please supply direct links
to the form that doesn't work as well as the one that does.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: form not submitting in FP2002
Subject: form not submitting in FP2002

Hi -

I'm still grappling with a form submit problem. I get the
following message:
cannot find 404 (or something like that) followed by the
following link
listing:

http://www.ptwa.org/--WEBBOT-SELF--

I have an existing form that still works. Originally I
thought it was a problem with the extension installation on
my account with Qwest. (Perhaps it still is.) They're telling
me they have never supported the submit function and that it
should never have worked, but if it used to work it still
should because they haven't made any changes.

Any suggestions?

JackieB

Thomas A. Rowe

Try this...

Change both form to write to a .txt file, instead of .csv file, also you have both forms writing to
the same file, _private/form_results.csv

Another idea is to open the current form, and save under new name, then test to see if it still
works.

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
[...]

Thanks! I'll try these things.

I sort of tried the "save under a different name" option. The reimbursement
form is mostly nomination form material - hence the saving to the same file.
I did make some changes to it before saving under another name, however.
Also, I subsequently messed around with things before moving on to the list.

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
[...]

Stefan B Rusynko

1) You have 2 forms on the non working page (delete the 1st empty one)
<form method="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">
<!--webbot bot="SaveResults" u-file="_private/form_results.csv" s-format="TEXT/CSV" s-label-fields="TRUE" startspan --><input
TYPE="hidden" NAME="VTI-GROUP" VALUE="0"><!--webbot bot="SaveResults" endspan i-checksum="43374" --><p>&nbsp;</p>
</form>
<form method="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--"> .... your real form here

2) On both forms you have a hyperlink around the submit button - illegal code - remove it
<input type="submit" value="Submit" name="Submit"></a>
If you want the form to send an email, add it in Form Properties Options (and make sure your host has email transport enabled)

--

| Thanks! I'll try these things.
|
| I sort of tried the "save under a different name" option. The reimbursement
| form is mostly nomination form material - hence the saving to the same file.
| I did make some changes to it before saving under another name, however.
| Also, I subsequently messed around with things before moving on to the list.
|
| "Thomas A. Rowe" wrote:
|
| > Try this...
| >
| > Change both form to write to a .txt file, instead of .csv file, also you have both forms writing to
| > the same file, _private/form_results.csv
| >
| > Another idea is to open the current form, and save under new name, then test to see if it still
| > works.
| > --
| > ==============================================
| > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| >
| > FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| > ==============================================
| > To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp

| > > One that doesn't: http://www.ptwa.org/ReimbForm.htm
| > >
| > > Thanks...

Thanks for these suggestions. Unfortunately they didn't help. (I made them in

Stefan B Rusynko said:
1) You have 2 forms on the non working page (delete the 1st empty one)
<form method="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">
<!--webbot bot="SaveResults" u-file="_private/form_results.csv" s-format="TEXT/CSV" s-label-fields="TRUE" startspan --><input
TYPE="hidden" NAME="VTI-GROUP" VALUE="0"><!--webbot bot="SaveResults" endspan i-checksum="43374" --><p> </p>

Stefan B Rusynko

According to http://www.ptwa.org/_vti_inf.html you site does not have the FP SE (required for FP forms) or they need to be repaired
by your host

--

| Thanks for these suggestions. Unfortunately they didn't help. (I made them in
| http://www.ptwa.org/NominationForm.htm.
|
| "Stefan B Rusynko" wrote:
|
| > 1) You have 2 forms on the non working page (delete the 1st empty one)
| > <form method="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--">
| > <!--webbot bot="SaveResults" u-file="_private/form_results.csv" s-format="TEXT/CSV" s-label-fields="TRUE" startspan --><input
| > TYPE="hidden" NAME="VTI-GROUP" VALUE="0"><!--webbot bot="SaveResults" endspan i-checksum="43374" --><p> </p>
| > </form>
| > <form method="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--"> .... your real form here
| >
| > 2) On both forms you have a hyperlink around the submit button - illegal code - remove it
| > <input type="submit" value="Submit" name="Submit"></a>
| > If you want the form to send an email, add it in Form Properties Options (and make sure your host has email transport enabled)
| >
| > --
| >
| > _____________________________________________
| > SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| > "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| > To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| >

| > | Thanks! I'll try these things.
| > |
| > | I sort of tried the "save under a different name" option. The reimbursement
| > | form is mostly nomination form material - hence the saving to the same file.
| > | I did make some changes to it before saving under another name, however.
| > | Also, I subsequently messed around with things before moving on to the list.
| > |
| > |