Form filter combo box choices are Is Null/Is Not Null

AccessMan

I have an Access 2007 form bound to a table with <700 records. When I try to
filter by form and select a value for a key field, I am only given the
choices "Is Null" and "Is Not Null". Under Access Options/Current
Database/Filter Lookup Options, I have set the "Don't display lists ..."
threshold at 100,000 records. "Local Indexed" and "Local nonindexed" are
selected, "ODBC fields" is not selected.

How can I get the list of values to appear when I filter by form?

Thanks!

Dirk Goldgar

AccessMan said:
I have an Access 2007 form bound to a table with <700 records. When I try
filter by form and select a value for a key field, I am only given the
choices "Is Null" and "Is Not Null". Under Access Options/Current
Database/Filter Lookup Options, I have set the "Don't display lists ..."
threshold at 100,000 records. "Local Indexed" and "Local nonindexed" are
selected, "ODBC fields" is not selected.

How can I get the list of values to appear when I filter by form?

I answered this question in ther microsoft.public.access newsgroup, where
you also posted this question independently. Posting multiple copies of the
same question to different newsgroups is called "multiposting", and it's
generally frowned on because others don't know what answers have already
been given, and so they duplicate the effort. Also it's harder for you to
keep track of the various replies, and it's harder for later readers of the
question, who may be looking for the same answer, to learn what they need.

In most cases a single, well-chosen newsgroup will do. If your question
really is relevant to more than one newsgroup, the approved technique is to
"crosspost" it instead, by listing multiple newsgroups in the To: or
Newsgroups: line of a single message. If you do that, the message and any
replies will appear in all the listed newsgroups automatically, which is
beneficial to all concerned.

AccessMan

Dirk:

The double posting was unintentional and regrettable. When I submitted the
first time I concluded that it had not been posted - some sort of service
unavailable message appeared and I received no confirmation of the posting.
When I realized that this attempt to post was made to the wrong group, I
tried again but with the Forms group.

Dirk Goldgar

AccessMan said:
Dirk:

The double posting was unintentional and regrettable. When I submitted
the
first time I concluded that it had not been posted - some sort of service
unavailable message appeared and I received no confirmation of the
posting.
When I realized that this attempt to post was made to the wrong group, I
tried again but with the Forms group.

No worries. There seem to have been a number of problems with the webnews
interface recently. Here's hoping they're all fixed soon.