Forgotten Administrator Password

ART

I am running Win XP Tablet PC.
New user over enthousiasm allowed me to delete my normal
user account and I can't remember the Password to open the
Administrator account.
After looking for a solution in this newsgroup, I pressed
ALt-Ctrl-Delete twice at startup and
entered "Administrator" in the user name field in the Log
on to Windows window and left the Password field blank.
Agfter pressing enter I recieved a Logon Message "The
system could not log you on. Make sure your user name and
domain are correct, then type your password again. Letters
in passwords must be typed in the correct case"

HELP! How do I get into Windows XP?
Who can help me please. I am not a technical IT person so
an answer in everyday English would be much appreciated.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your Password Expires
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321305&Product=winxp

WELCOME TO PASSWORD CRACKERS
http://www.pwcrack.com/index.shtml

Windows XP / 2000 / NT Key
http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"ART" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

| I am running Win XP Tablet PC.
| New user over enthousiasm allowed me to delete my normal
| user account and I can't remember the Password to open the
| Administrator account.
| After looking for a solution in this newsgroup, I pressed
| ALt-Ctrl-Delete twice at startup and
| entered "Administrator" in the user name field in the Log
| on to Windows window and left the Password field blank.
| Agfter pressing enter I recieved a Logon Message "The
| system could not log you on. Make sure your user name and
| domain are correct, then type your password again. Letters
| in passwords must be typed in the correct case"
|
| HELP! How do I get into Windows XP?
| Who can help me please. I am not a technical IT person so
| an answer in everyday English would be much appreciated.

ART

Carey,
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately 321305 doesn't help me
because I have no password reset disk and I can't use
method 2 because I can't log on as Administrator (that's
the problem I need to resolve.
Any other idea's?
ART