forgot password

vips

I forgot the password for logging on to windows. Can anyone help me
how can i recover that wihout loosing all my data on desktop.

sandy58

I forgot the password for logging on to windows. Can anyone help me
how can i recover that wihout loosing all my data on desktop.

Remove the CMOS battery for 30mins.

Peter

I forgot the password for logging on to windows. Can anyone help me
how can i recover that wihout loosing all my data on desktop.

Is this XP? If so try safe mode and logging on as administrator. Often
password can just be blank.

sdlomi2

vips said:
I forgot the password for logging on to windows. Can anyone help me
how can i recover that wihout loosing all my data on desktop.

Tried Google? This gave a number of hits:

sdlomi2

vips said:
I forgot the password for logging on to windows. Can anyone help me
how can i recover that wihout loosing all my data on desktop.

A guy on Ebay sells "electronically delivered" prog. to burn to cd,
insert it, re-start computer, and follow directions, and you've got password
set. Offers tech. assistance AND 100% refund if unhappy. Got 700 feedbacks
with 99.7% positive--that'd earn my trust! Look at his ad, & his
feedback-history, & read from buyers who said it works--several got out of
jambs they said no one had fixed. HTH--if so, report back so we can all buy
one. And NO, NO, NO, I am NOT him/her and I don't KNOW him/her. If he was
gouging us with price I might tell you to get it, email me a copy, and I'd
PayPal you half--but hey, he's gotta make a living and his price is cheap.
sdlomi2

John Doe

sdlomi2 said:
"vips" <vipingu gmail.com> wrote in message

A guy on Ebay sells "electronically delivered" prog. to burn
to cd,
insert it, re-start computer, and follow directions, and you've
got password set. Offers tech. assistance AND 100% refund if
unhappy. Got 700 feedbacks with 99.7% positive--that'd earn my
trust!

I would be significantly more concerned. I would consider how long
the seller has had the account. I would also look at whether the
seller has an unusual number of withdrawn feedback. A bad seller
will leave retaliatory feedback to coerce the buyer into removing
his (or her) neutral or negative feedback.

Fortunately, eBay feedback rules are changing this month to prevent
sellers from retaliation, so eventually you won't see the totally
unrealistic 99.9% feedback anymore and hopefully you will get to see
honest feedback from sellers.

John Doe

sdlomi2 said:
"vips" <vipingu gmail.com> wrote in message

A guy on Ebay sells "electronically delivered" prog. to burn to cd,
insert it, re-start computer, and follow directions, and you've got password
set. Offers tech. assistance AND 100% refund if unhappy. Got 700 feedbacks
with 99.7% positive--that'd earn my trust! Look at his ad, & his
feedback-history, & read from buyers who said it works--several got out of
jambs they said no one had fixed. HTH--if so, report back so we can all buy
one. And NO, NO, NO, I am NOT him/her and I don't KNOW him/her. If he was
gouging us with price I might tell you to get it, email me a copy, and I'd
PayPal you half--but hey, he's gotta make a living and his price is cheap.
sdlomi2

<snipped link>

BEWARE, seller "detailedauctions" leaves retaliatory feedback
attempting to force ebay buyers to remove neutral or negative
feedback.

703 Feedback received (viewing 1-25)
Ratings mutually withdrawn: 5

sdlomi2

John Doe said:
<snipped link>

BEWARE, seller "detailedauctions" leaves retaliatory feedback
attempting to force ebay buyers to remove neutral or negative
feedback.

703 Feedback received (viewing 1-25)
Ratings mutually withdrawn: 5

Thanks for trying to help. Agree with your logic. Been buying since
1-'98. Lost $5 in '99. None since. Some have never Ebay'ed. Tried
to give encouragement. s

Hey, vips, should you read this, the above 2 cautions from JD to me are
absolutely correct in pointing out things to consider when attempting
evaluation of an Ebay seller's integrity. But do NOT worry about this
seller; should he cheat you, I WILL personally reimburse you via PayPal
every cent you paid him for this product in question (You may email me for
repayment by re-arranging the obvious in my email address provided herein.),
but please: you need to first communicate with him should you purchase his
product and be unhappy with its performance. He advertises, and I believe
him, that he will provide free technical advice that may be needed in
attempting to use his product. Should you find yourself in this predicament
and automatically give him a negative feedback, he would probably retaliate
and give you one in return. That way, he has a bargaining chip to take to
Ebay and complain with, hopefully ending up mutually agreeing with you to
remove BOTH negatives. And, as was correctly pointed out by JD, this is not
fair to the buyer; and to make matters worse, it actually unfairly favors
the seller, as he can make his rating look better than it actually should
be--using this arm-twisting gimc to force withdrawal of often-justified
negatives.

Hey again, vips, should you still be reading, and to further justify my
faith in this Ebayer's credibility, let's assume the worst and consider that
ALL FIVE of the "Ratings mutually withdrawn..." pointed out were initially
negatives. (We were correctly advised that we must consider them.)
Factoring these in as such, and using Ebay's present method where *702 /
704* gave him a 99.7% rating, this would drop the guy's feedback rating from
99.7% to 99.0%--702 must now be divided by *704 + 5*, which would give him
only 99.0%.

From here go out hopes, vips, that you have not reduced this seller's
credibility *very much* by these cautions left to me.

sdlomi2

Peter

A guy on Ebay sells "electronically delivered" prog. to burn to cd,
insert it, re-start computer, and follow directions, and you've got password
set. Offers tech. assistance AND 100% refund if unhappy. Got 700 feedbacks
with 99.7% positive--that'd earn my trust! Look at his ad, & his
feedback-history, & read from buyers who said it works--several got out of
jambs they said no one had fixed. HTH--if so, report back so we can all buy
one. And NO, NO, NO, I am NOT him/her and I don't KNOW him/her. If he was
gouging us with price I might tell you to get it, email me a copy, and I'd
PayPal you half--but hey, he's gotta make a living and his price is cheap.
sdlomi2

Why pay for something that you can just download absolutely free? At
least that's what I was able to do a couple of years back. I still have
the program kicking around here somewhere. It was booted from floppy
disk and allowed the user to change any XP user's password.

In fact I've found a link:

sandy58

He said Window's password, not the BIOS password.

http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml (freebee)
He's not very clear on that, Larry. Anyway it's early for me. How does
one normally "log onto windows"? If his machine was up & running
surely to christ he doesn't "log on" to windows. Then he HAS put a
personal password in. Keyboard or otherwise. If it's he Installation
Windows CD serial then this wee dingus will sort him out.
I'm going back to sleep. :)
"Beam me up, Scottie. I got hassle down here" :)

Jan Alter

Peter said:
Why pay for something that you can just download absolutely free? At
least that's what I was able to do a couple of years back. I still have
the program kicking around here somewhere. It was booted from floppy
disk and allowed the user to change any XP user's password.

In fact I've found a link:

I've used the Offline Password and Registry Editor (as listed by Pete) and
it does relatively easily work on XP systems to blank out the password. The
strange thing I did encounter though was that it would work fine with ATA
hard drives, but I had trouble resetting the password blank with this
program when the hard drive was SATA. I believe the program also mentions
that there could be problems with the newer (SATA) hdds.

jack

OK, does he mean his logon private password or his Windows serial
(came with his windows cd?) If it's that one, JellyBean here will find
it. His OWN should drop out of sight by pulling the battery for a
while.

Can you not read? What part of "I forgot the password for logging on to
windows." do you not understand?

sandy58

Can you not read? What part of "I forgot the password for logging on to
windows." do you not understand?

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 2
Web @http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

The part about...you don't get a password to "log onto windows".
Windows SUPPLIES a serial number to each individual who buys it. You
put a password anywhere into your system then only YOU know what it
is. Sorry, go see a freakin' hypnotist, mind reader, shrink etc.