Forgot password!!!

How do i log on to windows if i'm the administrator and i forgot my password.
I didn't create a password reset disk. is there a solution for my problem? or
do i have to perform a total system recovery??

Alan Holmes

"lost and no where to be found!!" <lost and no where to be
[email protected]> wrote in message
How do i log on to windows if i'm the administrator and i forgot my
password.
I didn't create a password reset disk. is there a solution for my problem?
or
do i have to perform a total system recovery??

Next time write it down!

Alan

Malke

lost said:
How do i log on to windows if i'm the administrator and i forgot my
password. I didn't create a password reset disk. is there a solution
for my problem? or do i have to perform a total system recovery??

If you have XP Home, boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8
key as the computer is starting up. This will get you to the right
menu. Use the arrow keys to navigate. Then you will be able to log into
the normally hidden Administrator account. Unless you changed it, the
default password is a blank. Once in, go to the User Accounts applet in
Control Panel and change your password to something you will remember.

If you have XP Pro or changed the hidden Administrator password in Home,
use NTpasswd to change the Administrator password to a blank.

Malke