Forced Cover Page for fax on Win 2003 Server

Bob Rhead

When I send a fax directly from Outlook with the Windows 2003 Server
Network Fax Service there is no cover page, but when I send a fax from
within Word I can choose a cover page to send. Is there a way to
force a cover page to be used when sending from within Outlook? .. If
so can I specify the cover page that will be sent with all faxes
regardless of which user initiated the fax? thanks Bob... Maritime
Electric PEI Canada

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

How did you integrate with Outlook and with what version?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Bob Rhead said:
Ok I am now able to add a cover sheet from the outlook client, but I
see the fields for sender are pointing to the data input in the Sender
Information of the Fax Console and shows up in the registry under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Fax\UserInfo
Is there any way to get the cover page fields to point to the user's
information fields in Active Directory?

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
The last time I tested it, Win 2003 Server fax worked the same as WinXP fax
in this regard, but I've not used the released product. The information here
should apply:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm#better

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Bob Rhead said:
When I send a fax directly from Outlook with the Windows 2003 Server
Network Fax Service there is no cover page, but when I send a fax from
within Word I can choose a cover page to send. Is there a way to
force a cover page to be used when sending from within Outlook? .. If
so can I specify the cover page that will be sent with all faxes
regardless of which user initiated the fax? thanks Bob... Maritime
Electric PEI Canada

Bob Rhead

I am using Outlook 2002....I used the Help in the Fax Service Manager
and followed the instructions for "Deploying Shared fax Client"
Basically I installed the shared printer using the Add Printer Wizard,
then I added the Fax Mail Transport Service to my outlook
Client....this is where it lets you select the Shared Fax Printer
device and set your cover pages....I want to force which cover page to
use (so one always goes) and also use variables from Active directory
to set the sender's information such as Sender name, Sender Phone etc.

Bob Rhead said:
[...]

Raghavendra R [MSFT]

Fax service picks the sender information from its store. So you cannot ask
it to pick the value from Active Directory. You can change the sender
information in Fax Console using Tools > Configure Fax

--
Raghavendra R
purposes only.'